/g/ - Technology

God, please take me back to the 90s

Politically speaking, being an adult in the 90s was sublime. The media was softer. Technology existed to help you life your life - now technology has replaced life.

People back then were just more fun-loving. Dating was a breeze. Women were a lot more laid back.

It's all fucked guys. Seriously you have no idea how bad things really are if you have actual adult memories from the 90s or prior.

I fantasize about what is necessary for the pendulum to swing the other way and the only thing that comes to my mind is:

Outlaw and destroy social media.
Extreme tightening down on the 'free press'
Nationalise

I swear I dream about the 90s and its absolute heaven. We are now living in a total dystopian hellscape.
Yes, take me back to the '90s, the 1790s that is. No wamen's rights and no marxism, need I say more?
>>1263503(OP)
Cancel your cellphone service. At least revert back to a PHONE (not a smart one either).
Delete FB & any other advertiser-driven social media.

>Enjoy the freedom.
>>1263503(OP)
Ever notice how women in the 90's actually smiled with their teeth and didn't constantly tonguefuck the air like a degenerate?

They're all on heroin and have bad teeth,
>>1263503(OP)
fuck that oven dodger
>>1263503(OP)
>Outlaw and destroy social media.
>Extreme tightening down on the 'free press'
>Nationalise
We have less freedom now and you want even less freedom. You are the problem. You created this mess and you want more of it. Fuck you you spoiled old fuck!
>>1263503(OP)
>(((Winona Ryder)))
>>1263503(OP)
I am tearing up OP. Return me to sanity! Return me to the years between 1990-2001.
>>1263503(OP)
90s movies and music were the best too. Women looked better. Truly the end of an era.
>>1263503(OP)
Women didn't have the entire tri-state area to choose a mate. We didn't have literal basement dwelling faggots catfishing you to get your dick pic. If you wanted a female you HAD to go to social gatherings and vice versa. You could circle the group like a stalking lion, pouncing on the pretty-but-still-shy girls and they LOVED the attention. Now they have an ever present sauce of cock in their pocket, nonstop attention and they don't need you because they have every dick in the tri-state area on hold on the next line.
>>1263503(OP)
The best part of the 90s was it was a social taboo to talk about politics, at least around my friends and family
>>1263503(OP)
yeah, I miss the 90s too.
>>1263503(OP)
The 90's? I lived there shit head. All the sickening shit that is happening now was set up to happen in the 90's. As a matter of fact the I think the degenerate behavious was worse too, possibly because there was very little chance of it being filmed and put online.
>>1263503(OP)
>Outlaw and destroy social media.
>Nationalise

Just move to Best Korea instead of being a whiny bitch.
>>1263503(OP)
>listening to music
>nothing was ahead of us
>a week in california
>san fransisco

i miss when cities were tourist destinations instead of crime filled commie-run hellscapes. you go there and just feel tension in the air, everyone looks miserable and on edge. there are hobos running around covered in their own shit screaming obscenities and threatening people with a metal pipe. i just want things to be happy and calm again, i want america to be nice again. why did it get to this point? california used to be the best state in the country, now it's an overpriced mini-venezuela run by antifa and everyone there is mentally unhinged and aggressive.
>>1263503(OP)
Improve your current life: drop FB/TWTR and toss your smartphone. You can't go back in time. Theory says however you can go forward, but you have to travel close to the speed of light.
>>1263503(OP)
I was just thinking about this yesterday. I was born in '88, so my childhood was in the 90's. I questioned whether it was just a longing for those childhood golden years, but I do distinctly remember that things were actually better.
The 90s were heaven only in the West due to collapse of commies and expansion to their markets.
>>1263503(OP)
I dig the music but prefer early 00's
there is nothing more cringe than "wanting to go back to the 90s".
>>1263503(OP)
Yeah, that sounds swell and all, but guess what, motherfucker: you don't get to fight a race war! Soon, anyhow. Eventually we'll get the genuine privilege of wacking joggers and spicks left and right! Alleviating the tensions that have been building since after WW2. Such a pristine and marvelous opportunity bids itself rarely, and is to be relished when the occasion comes! To arms!
>>1263503(OP)
Gen X here, I'm with you.
Sometimes I envy the people in their 80s. They got to live through the best years and now they will die before things are truly awful.
>>1263503(OP)
You're not wrong, I've been going back and forth as to whether I had so much fun back then because of the time period or because they were my teenage/early twenties years. It was a fucking blast though. I remember people being friendlier, just in general.
t. graduated hs in '97
>>1263503(OP)
>90s nostalgia
Columbine was the result of the 90s with its narcissism and meaningless culture.
I miss the old world : [
>>1263503(OP)
Go a little bit further, the 80's were the apex of human civilization and culture.
The 90's were already downhill.
>>1263503(OP)
90s is where SJW started. You coul see that in the attitude if TV hosts and in magazines. The anti-racist movement hit hard to destroy lives in the 90s. I would rather go back to the 80s. The coal-burning propaganda wasn't so bad there.
>>1263503(OP)
Holly fuck Winona was top tier qt3.14
>>1263503(OP)
I remember those as the Clinton years and my first time inside
we will return to tradition one day anon
>>1263503(OP)
Thank the Rockefellers and Rothschilds, and their minions (Gates, Soros, etc) who corrupt institutions with their money.
>>1263503(OP)
Take me back to 90 AD.
>>1263503(OP)
Why would you want to go back to a time filled with with second stage subversion?
Why would you want to relive the destruction of your society and culture all over again?
Why dont you just go back to 1932 and help prevent it all from happening in the first place?
Or better yet, just go back to 1897 and save the entire fucking planet
Time travel is easy. Just go to the third world.
>>1263503(OP)
Never want to go back to:
Assault weapons ban
PMRC
Janet Reno
Bill Clinton

Wouldn't mind going back to:
DOS
Corded phones
Maps
Animaniacs
>>1263503(OP)
Black people were like everyone else but they danced a lot and wore colorful attire.
>>1263503(OP)
I lived my childhood in the 90s in Athens, best time and place to be, everywhere went to shit after that
No internet in the 1st half, which meant you had to actually interact with humans. Jogger music was still predominantly made for, and listened to almost exclusively by joggers. Tougher crime laws, especially towards crack-cocaine, and neoliberalism hadn't destroyed everything yet.
>>1263503(OP)
Born in 90' and can remember life getting worse and worse since Y2K. After 2007 it really started going downhill, and my teenage angst and depression is now strongly missed. It was bad, but it had beauty. Now I'm just pre-suicide every day and I have no thoughts about it because it is all so fucking dystopian. Females were exiting, now they are a blight upon man. Media was interesting. Also a blight.

Its not even pain anymore, only apathy and memories of the past
>>1263503(OP)
I wish I could live in a timeline where a dictatorial AI ruled over society, purging dissenters. Freedom is junkie.
>>1263503(OP)
on one hand yeah... on the other hand i want the media to push the constant everyday obvious lies to divide and demonize one side to such levels that people will stop listening and just start shooting msm liars to death in the streets.
The dnc media is overwhelmingly responsible for dividing this country over the last 4 years with non stop lies to such an extend that i wish everyday that the magabomber had succeeded in killing them all. No matter what happens in the future there truly can be no forgiveness for people in the mainstream media over what they have done over the last 4 years, they deserve to die.
>>1263503(OP)
They're not coming back. The Marxist SJW culture that stopped fat shaming & threw whites under bus made sure of that.

Also, fpbp
>>1263503(OP)
Thread theme
https://youtu.be/qN3JvFoKDXI
you're just an old dude now dude, things always change you just couldn't keep up with it
you'll be dead soon and it will all be over
>>1263503(OP)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMfxI3r_LyA

I was a kid then, but it was good, very good.

The world should have stopped in 1999.
>>1263503(OP)
I'm a millennial born in the 80's so I was a kid growing up in the 90's, best memories are from the 90's, great music, etc. Even my parents said the 90's were the last of the good times. Since 9/11 everything has gone to shit.

I agree technology is to blame. Everyone is glued to electronics instead of enjoying humanity and nature. You can't go anywhere without being tracked. People can't drive now because they are on their phones. People can't go more than a few hours without messing with their phones. People and especially have poor communication skills, low attention spans, and self esteem issues due to tech and social media.
>>1263503(OP)
I miss it so fucking much, bro.

You could still call shit junkie.

Blacks were these brutish wraiths everyone would just ignore.

Political scandals were Clinton and Newt Gingrich boring.

Every woman didn't have an army of online simps and could still enjoy normal sex without having a Fetlife profile.

Feminists were all ugly psychos screaming into the wilderness.

Take me fucking back!
Ted was right about technology
Yes and the early 2000s. I remember many people avoided getting cell phones because it made them too connected.
>>1263503(OP)
90s was peak winona, though im not 100% sure she isnt a ladyboy
>>1263503(OP)
Just a sleazy and decadent version of the 1980s.

There was a sensation of living in a fake era that had nothing to do with the real projection into the future of the earlier decade.

The writing was not on the wall for our civilization in the '80s, it was on the wall in the '90s.
>>1263503(OP)
the nineties were decadent and the root of a lot of the shit we're in now.

Shit brought on by the nineties:
>crap journalism
around the clock coverage meant the news turned into spewing out as much shit as quickly as possible. It's why you're not getting balanced coverage of anything now.

>market liberalism replacing classical liberalism as an ideology as a result of the fall of the Soviet Union
this takes a bit to understand, but the existence of the Soviet Union, was a good thing, not for the people living under it, but to us, their adversaries. After the fall of soviet, the moderate left basically abandoned all the things that were actually a benefit to society, like better working conditions, and opportunities to improve your life, no matter who your parents were. To gain supporters, they needed to import them, and push for the crazy stuff moderate leftists hated about the commies during the sixties and seventies.

>globalism
not much of an issue before the nineties.

The nineties was a soft decade, and it will take many decades to repair the damage done. At least not people are angry. People start waking up. They may be wrong, but at least there's chance shit will be done now. The twenties will be fucking crazy, but I think we'll see improvement in the long run.
>>1263503(OP)
>Only 30 year olds in 1991 are tru 90s kids
>>1263503(OP)
t. zoomer

The 90s were the same thing we have now except without widespread internet access, junkies instead of ladyboys and injuns instead of joggers.
80s were cool, 00s were cool. 90s? Shit.
>>1263503(OP)
am mid 40's and couldn't agree more
>>1263503(OP)
>I swear I dream about the 90s and its absolute heaven
I dream about 1969-71. Music was my life.
>>1263503(OP)
I only have childhood memories of the 90's and adult memories of the 2000's and they still seemed like a literal paradise compared to today. Life was actually GOOD, and FUN, and you could talk to women and get LAID. You didn't even have to try most of the time, you just wound up with one you liked through social interaction and look at that, you guys were dating. No BPD or feminism to speak of. The only leftist politics involved smack talking Bush and conservative fuddy-duddies that deserved it anyways, and then it was back to having a good time. Man I miss those days. How did I not realize how good I had it?
>>1263503(OP)
You fucked with the wrong people in WW2.
>>1263503(OP)
>why were thngs better before mass migration and globalisation
>continues to vote left

kys reddit
>>1263503(OP)
You can have the 90’s back if you throw your phone away and don’t go on the internet.
>>1263503(OP)
>You will never live in the 1800 and farm the Great midwestern plains and push West to oregon despite the wind and rain
>>1263503(OP)
I'd just ban it outright, no free press at all
the only stories I would permit a free press to report on are feel-good ones
anything else, whether it be violence, vandalism, or some scandal, whether political or not, I would forbid its reporting in all mediums except written, and even then it must be a to-the-point factual account of the matter; no conjecture, no exaggerating, no opinions what so ever, just a purely fact-based account of a situation
>>1263503(OP)
Oh God I loved the 90s. All that fresh 15 year old pussy just ready for the taking.
>>1263503(OP)
It won't happen until we stop championing everything that can possibly be called a minority just for existing.
>>1263503(OP)
Me too anon me too.
also thread theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KnYw4EwYGc
>>1263503(OP)
Being an American white kid in the early 90s was heaven on earth. I hope I live to experience advanced VR recreations of it.
>>1263503(OP)
but things are so much better now
i have adult memories from the 90s and it really was a better time overall.
>>1263503(OP)
The 1990s were great, the last great decade. But the 1980s were even better. Feel bad for all you mils and zooms that missed the last amazing times in America.
>>1263503(OP)
>Dating was a breeze.
SLOOTS are bad, you fucking sloot kike
>>1263503(OP)
We are going. Watch over the new retro wave, and make sure it becomes top quality most real.
>>1263503(OP)
>rampant sexual deviancy
>growing drug epidemic
>despicable economic elite that created the economic crash of '08
>increasingly normalized promiscuity
>consumer culture in full swing
>etc
They weren't good by any stretch of the term. If they seem better, it is because western civilization is in decline, and every decade since we fell off the edge is progressively worse as we descend into the abyss.
>>1263503(OP)
Graduated in 98. I was pissed because the decade felt so stupid and disposable. Spice Girls and Paula Cole topped the charts. People were thrilled about the upcoming Godzilla remake with Taco Bell Chihuahua sponsored value meals and we all ran around in trench coats pretending that we were Blade. Funnily enough, none of us white boys ever seemed to really realize that Blade was a black guy and that was a thing we apparently aren't allowed to like or associate with in any way but abject worship. You could fill up a gas tank for around 10 bucks depending on the car, and local, non-Starbucks coffee shops existed and were staffed by people with normal fucking hair colors and less than twelve facial piercings.

Fuck me, I want to go back.
>>1263503(OP)
Some Jewesses are just so fuckable holy shit.
>>1263503(OP)
No. Absolutely not.
What you mean to say is an extreme tightening down on the mainstream media. Calling for restrictions on "the free press" would suck in alternative media and independent individual-run online publications. The reason the internet sucks is BECAUSE of monopoly social media and hosting platforms censoring any independent and individually-run sauces that don't tow the SJW/cultmarx line. The solution is to kill the MSM and then take all restraints off online publishing. Trust me, common sense and traditional paleoconservative/paleolibertarian views will win out against the troons and marxists.
>>1263503(OP)
not 90s but
>tfw no ally sheedy from wargames gf
10/10 favourite oven dodger
>>1263503(OP)
>God, please take me back to the 90s
>please put me back into my Fed manipulated opiate trip, God
i bet you capitalized god unironically like the christ-cattle you are

>god willing, praise allah