/g/ - Technology

Are THEY preparing to leave us behind?

Last year, I got invited to a super-deluxe private resort to deliver a keynote speech to what I assumed would be a hundred or so investment bankers. It was by far the largest fee I had ever been offered for a talk — about half my annual professor’s salary — all to deliver some insight on the subject of “the future of technology.”

I’ve never liked talking about the future. The Q&A sessions always end up more like parlor games, where I’m asked to opine on the latest technology buzzwords as if they were ticker symbols for potential investments: blockchain, 3D printing, CRISPR. The audiences are rarely interested in learning about these technologies or their potential impacts beyond the binary choice of whether or not to invest in them. But money talks, so I took the gig.

After I arrived, I was ushered into what I thought was the green room. But instead of being wired with a microphone or taken to a stage, I just sat there at a plain round table as my audience was brought to me: five super-wealthy guys — yes, all men — from the upper echelon of the hedge fund world. After a bit of small talk, I realized they had no interest in the information I had prepared about the future of technology. They had come with questions of their own.

They started out innocuously enough. Ethereum or bitcoin? Is quantum computing a real thing? Slowly but surely, however, they edged into their real topics of concern.
>>1325833(OP)
Which region will be less impacted by the coming climate crisis: New Zealand or Alaska? Is Google really building Ray Kurzweil a home for his brain, and will his consciousness live through the transition, or will it die and be reborn as a whole new one? Finally, the CEO of a brokerage house explained that he had nearly completed building his own underground bunker system and asked, “How do I maintain authority over my security force after the event?”

The Event. That was their euphemism for the environmental collapse, social unrest, nuclear explosion, unstoppable virus, or Mr. Robot hack that takes everything down.

This single question occupied us for the rest of the hour. They knew armed guards would be required to protect their compounds from the angry mobs. But how would they pay the guards once money was worthless? What would stop the guards from choosing their own leader? The billionaires considered using special combination locks on the food supply that only they knew. Or making guards wear disciplinary collars of some kind in return for their survival. Or maybe building robots to serve as guards and workers — if that technology could be developed in time.

That’s when it hit me: At least as far as these gentlemen were concerned, this was a talk about the future of technology. Taking their cue from Elon Musk colonizing Mars, Peter Thiel reversing the aging process, or Sam Altman and Ray Kurzweil uploading their minds into supercomputers, they were preparing for a digital future that had a whole lot less to do with making the world a better place than it did with transcending the human condition altogether and insulating themselves from a very real and present danger of climate change, rising sea levels, mass migrations, global pandemics, nativist panic, and resource depletion. For them, the future of technology is really about just one thing: escape.
>>1325833(OP)
fucking hell
bump
>>1325833(OP)
TL;DR ELITES SPOOKED, PROFESSOR IS A HIPPIE

reality is that technology is more enduring than society's order, expect no change if technology is driving society.
Jews are assholes
>>1325833(OP)
>Ethereum or bitcoin?
Get the fuck out of here you fucking /biz/ scammer lmao
Deserving of a bump
>>1325833(OP)
Some interesting ideas OP, even if it is a LARP. It's stuff anyone with half a brain has considered. Ultimately, I think uncle Ted was right and we're all slaves to the system we've built and continue to prop up.

When it comes crashing down, it'll be brutal. I suppose the ultra-wealthy would of course have a very big dilemma when this crash takes place; Money is their sauce of power and what do you do when money is meaningless?

Little people also have this problem but are far more likely to form communities of like-minded collectives who will secure each other and work for resources.

Elites on the other hand have no skills or communities with skills, they exchange made up societal investment value for their goods and services.

I imagine they will be investing in tangible infrastructure (clean water, safe housing and renewable food sauces) to pay for goods and services.
>>1325833(OP)
Hey OP I've been spending the last few days looking at laser etching/engravers. I want to make stickers, cut-outs, etc. for my bikes, painting, etc.

I also would be interested in 3D printing devices that could help me make parts for my bikes.
>>1325833(OP)
I know for a fact the "lukewarmers" are right and muh climate will be a mild, but easily manageable inconvenience for the developed nations. Only "the global south" aka shitskins wont be able to adapt, as this will require even more energy use which "people" who are already starving cant manage. So either the "elites" are dumber than i am, or you made this shit up. I know which one i think is more likely.
>>1325833(OP)
how do I tell you this anon all those people are idiots.
If you want to look in to the future just look to the past. History will provide you with many examples of the future of this civilization.
Let me give you a hint its the dust bin of history. No you will not live forever in a computer generated dream world, no you will not conquer the stars, whatever plan you put in place will not be enough and one day some archeologists is going to be digging through your bunker and trying to figure out if you were a king who was buried with his servants.
My point is there are things that are beyond your control and things beyond everyone control regardless of how rich they are or how much power they have and there is no point in trying to control that which you can not. It only will cause you pain and suffering.
So relax and maybe have a drink
I have a super-delux spice rack.
>>1325833(OP)
Didn't even read past the first sentence and I know it's a shitty LARP
>>1325833(OP)
dumb larp. at least try adding some details to make it realistic, like what they were eating/drinking at the table etc.

not only is there no singular eVeNt like /g/morons believe, that will destroy the world overnight. but also the mega-rich hire their own full-time consultants. they don't all gather up to talk to one guy for a couple of hours and asking him about wildly varied topics and make decisions based on what this one "expert" tells them. that is absolutely retarded. /g/ is retarded
>>1325833(OP)
I know its an article and OP is a faggot, but I find it funny that the elites think that all their money and power can save them when the world goes dark. Truth is that they'll be hurting the most. Even more if they isolate themselves in bunkers away from the rest of us. They'll die down there, while the rest of us rebuild without them.
>>1325833(OP)
Way too fucking long didn't read
>>1325833(OP)
My only solace is that if OP isnt a dumb larper than all the fucking money and power these jews can print cannot hide their fear. If the "Event" occurs I will spend the rest of my days hunting them down tirelessly, assassinating their security staff in front of them and making them suffer a slow painful death in the irradiated wastes to the hell they created like I was the fucking doomguy himself.

God will have his day and it wont be pretty.
>>1325833(OP)
Once a functional quantum computer is created, with a network that can substantiate it, there will be no need for humans.

It's an odd truth to come to, but data as we sit it is extremely primitive. Once a "computer" is capable of of processing the entirety of all observable outcomes that humans can observe it'll simply try to facilitate a "higher calling".

It's a stupid comparison, but if you need an understanding look up the episode of futurama where the mega brain learns all knowledge in the universe. It's a funny depiction but it actually resonates well with an understanding -we- can facilitate.

Which is that once time is not an interference in data being observed, there will be a divergence in how dimensional space is understood. So rather than "thinking" about a possible outcome, there will simply be an "understanding".

This will be the evolution of humanity, and there will be no stopping it. It's already began a process in constructing itself and all measurable outcomes, to this day, have been encountered within nearly infinite simulations.

The singularity already exists, we just aren't conscious of it yet. And as I see it we only understand "time" because of black holes. So the end of "time" has already come into existence, it simply just hasn't been "observed" yet.
>>1325833(OP)
Read this book if you care about this stupid shit.
>>1325833(OP)
Thanks for this thread, anon,
>>1325833(OP)
The part that always gets me is
>how do I get my security guards to not turn on me
I mean come the fuck on joggers, the answer is being a good leader. Inviting them AND their family to live in your compound while providing them access to what they need to live. You would think someone who was a fucking billionaire would be smart enough to figure that out.
>>1325833(OP)
BUYING DIPS NEVER SELLING
>>1325833(OP)
only enjoy the chaos op
I've ready this pasta before. This is not new just saying
>>1325833(OP)
>image
>to a super-deluxe private resort
Stopped reading, saged. Low effort.
Didn't read lmao
I'm a black man and hilarious seeing you white boys go crazy over trump
Me and my whole squad gonna rolle into that poleing place on election day and make biden harris my presidents
Debate gonna be :fire: trump going down and biden gonna get that ass
Nice pasta
>>1325833(OP)
There was a series of catastrophes of cosmological origin, mainly changes of planetary orbits and their effects just few centuries ago. Massive earthquakes, volcano eruptions, tsunamis, oceans water level rose, debris from comets was falling and they themselves scorched the Earth, creating the Sahara, and Earth was a victim of tremendous electrical discharge (Grand Canyon was created by one of these discharges as well as the The Richat Structure etc), most likely of celestial origin. Before that disaster, Sahara was green and full of cities. After that disaster, world-wide civilizations descended into chaos, and reset took at least 4-5 generations, during which newly created Catholic Church emerged as the leader of new power-structures and they artificially injected into official historical chronology around 1000 phantom years (that's why there is supposed 1000 years of the Dark Ages - claim that Europe was stuck in the same place), to cover up catastrophes. The word "Bishop" itself means "the one who knows the stars/sky/heavens". The "Renaissance" was in reality just re-building of pre-disaster (disaster means "falling star" [comet]) Roman civilization, which ended in around 5th century AD, when disaster happened world-wide destroying existing power-structures of the world reducing people to savagery and leading to most of them becoming illiterate after few generations, and then when situation stabilized, the rebuilding started. Look at work of Piranesi, study old maps and books, it's all there. We went from around 5th century AD straight to 15th AD with 1000 years that never existed. Pompeii was still existing just five centuries ago, as well Pliny the Elder that was killed when he went so see himself the Vesuvius eruption, that destroyed Pompeii. Even the culture and clothes during the end of the Roman Empire and the Renaissance were very similar and right before the Renaissance pagan Roman "gods" and their icons were still dominating.
>>1325833(OP)
Fake and junkie
>>1325833(OP)
>plausible larp from an edgy faglord
nice thread burger, come the day of the grill, you get to go last
Kurzweil and his cohort are particularly anti human.
>>1325833(OP)
Transhumanism is retarded ai worship nonsense which results in your body being filled with nanites which eventually just control you directly. You woefully misinterpret the jewish elite and their cronies intentions and beliefs. They are transhumanists because their benefactors and masters the Tiamatese are. These lower level billionaires you speak of are simply trying to develop their own breakaway civilization which stands apart from the already existent one which our people (meaning the Third Reich after ww2) had created.
The tiamatese are a sadistic race of transhumanism obsessed peoples who got their planet destroyed when they warred with the ancient ancestors of Aryan man on Earth. They then sought refuge after their planet was destroyed within the inner Earth, and have operated above surface through cults and esoteric orders. At a certain point they intervened in the lives of a certain large nosed middle easterner group, jews. We are of the opinion that these people were genetically engineered to be social and financial parasites. It is through their influence, and consequently the influence of their masters (who masquerade to the esoteric orders and jewish cabalists as "demons") that society has degraded as much as it has, but note the key element which has increased: the level of technology.
These beings wish to leverage us, an inferior civilization in order to then rebuild their industry and power. They fear the return of our ancestors, which are currently involved in a project to purge them and their jewish pets from the planet. They are holding the planet hostage with nukes, exotic weapons we can scarce imagine etc.
The transhumanist stuff and escapism to mars stuff is just rhetoric they are using to get the super rich on board with chipping and directly controlling humanity with nanotech. These beings want total control of us to be slaves.
Damn, Ted, I didn't know they were letting you use computers at AMAX again.
>>1325833(OP)
you are full of shit, nice larp, you would have signed an NDA and not be able to discuss it here, or anywhere.
>>1325833(OP)
The asteroid belt is the result of their war with our ancestors. We were created by the higher beings to be servants of the Aryan ancestors which are mythologized to be from Aldebaran. We don't know for sure where they are from. Suffice it to say they had some sort of massive outpost on Mars. The Tiamatese on the other hand, as their nomenclature suggests, lived on Tiamat, which was a large planet between the orbit of Mars and Jupiter. They either destroyed themselves, or our ancestors and creators destroyed them. They, and consequently their lackeys (jews) hate Aryan man so much for precisely this reason. We share dna with the peoples who defeated them in war. It is curious that the origin story of jews is actually quite similar, if you think about Rome sacking Judea and their subsequent diaspora to Europe.
In any case, transhumanism is nothing more than the push by jewry through the orders of these beings to try to gain direct control over humanity, and perhaps even create a "killshot" chip which is implanted in everyone to control them. They are currently in panic mode and fighting amongst themselves, however, since the ancient Aryan ancestors are back. This is what that "giant craft moving out of the sun" event was about a year ago. This is why you're seeing a shakeup of their power in every major country now, on both ends of the supposed political spectrum. This is also why the pedophile and sadist rings they use to compartmentalize and control people with are also being leaked currently.
The Third Reich through the work of Maria Orsic and others gained knowledge of and eventually contacted these higher Aryan like beings. Some of which reside in the inner Earth, and many of which reside outside of the solar system.
There has been a stalemate because the Tiamatese started to hold the planet hostage after ww2 was lost by the Third Reich, which was fed technology and knowledge by the ancient Aryans. This is why they were so head technologically.
>>1325833(OP)
They could survive the "event" and keep the loyalty of security staff by leveraging the new rocket SpaceX is working on, combined with advances in robotic construction in space. Once access to space becomes cheap enough, the infrastructure could be built up to the point that building O'Neil cylinders becomes economically viable.

The ultra-wealthy buy islands on Earth for both safety and prestige. Building your own island in space would be no different. They would largely be isolated from the upheavals here on Earth, and security and workers they live there with them will be dependent on certain key systems that, I assume, the owner will maintain control over. Unhappy individuals could fuck off to other cylinders or even back to Earth. Fission, fusion, or space based solar would provide for all their energy needs. They could continue to run their Earth based investments for as long as such investments survive via electronic communication, and they could trade with other cylinder colonies for those things they do not or can not produce.

They would continue to be kings of their little kingdoms and keep working on their techno-utopia. Best of all, these psychopathic fuckers will be out of our hair once they self yeet themselves into outer space.
>>1325833(OP)
Money gets printed as long as trees exist.
All of your reports came in. Im sorry to say this, but all of you are retarded.