/g/ - Technology

Stealing from self checkouts okay?

They reduce labor costs.

The stores that have them are large cooperate stores.

The AI anti theft picks up more legal action as theft than illegal activity.

Walmart basically has all cheap Chinese products.
>>1500638(OP)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/story/walmart-shoplifting-artificial-intelligence-everseen/amp

A write up on how shitty the AI is at Walmart
>>1500638(OP)
If you’re going to pull shit like this, globohomo stores are the best place to do it.
>>1500638(OP)
Yes fuck the groceryjew
never not steal from them, punish them for not hiring people
>>1500638(OP)
Don't nickel and dimed it you beta
go into the back of the store open the loading dock door and steal whole pallets of shit.
>>1500638(OP)
Ringing up avocados as Roma tomatoes is based af.
>>1500638(OP)
remember that you should be going to your local grocery chains and/or supermarket, filling your cart with ben and jerry's, then leaving and ruining all that ice cream.

eventually, store managers will just stop ordering it if it's going to spoil.

if you haven't been stealing from major corporations, switching tags, and/or purchasing electronics only to return a box filled with bricks that matches weight, you aren't doing it right.

the best one is when you return the electronic with a bunch of bricks, and openly state THIS BOX ONLY HAD A BUNCH OF BRICKS IN IT! then you can get two of the item for free.
Yes but only for worthwhile shit like real vanilla extract or a good bottle of wine. The kind of shit they should have a protector/tracker on but don't because they assume the baker or tasteful wine drinker is under their control. Show them we're not. Stealing mostly anything else is just silly and spiteful.
>>1500638(OP)
I steal from them every time. Free $25-30 worth of goods guaranteed. You have full plausible deniability if you get caught. "Sorry I wasn't paying attention I'm really stressed right now"
>>1500638(OP)
so he's weighing the meat as bananas & paying for it at banana price rather than meat price
>>1500638(OP)
I dont personally steal from stores but I don't care if people do anymore. I saw a guy totally go ham on a self checkout tho it was funny he broke that shit then fought the manager Giant Tiger can be fun sometimes
Duuuh. Even my dad "forgets" to scan expensive meats and such. The store owners are greedy and deserve it.
>>1500638(OP)
There's literally nothing wrong with stealing from giant corporations who treat their workers like shit
>>1500638(OP)
what self checkout do you go to where the employees arent all hovering around like helicopters? I had an ex 5 years ago that liked to steal through the self checkout and that was the last time I've ever seen it was actually possible. I had a worker chase me out the door last week because I rang in a green bell pepper as a red bell pepper.
They have computer screens that show everything you scan so when they see you're only paying for 5 items out of your full basket it's obvious
>>1500638(OP)
>heheh black people are bad muh they steal everything
>also poll: hey steal from grocery stores haha da JEWZ run the grocery stores heh!
Morons
>>1500638(OP)
What is this a thieving jogger thread, pay for your fucking goods you low life cunts.
no because in my experience they are significantly faster and less annoying. I know the cashiers won't start to code instead and it sucks bad, but I never want to go back.
Also when my mom was young there weren't any cashiers in that sense, really blew my mind as a kid when she told me. So it's not even a proper job with tradition, it always just had been a primitive slave to modern capitalism that only now became obsolete, I say hurray
>>1500638(OP)
Almost no produce sold at a walmart is cultivated in China. That beef the guy is stealing certainly wasn't. If you steal, youre a jogger.
>>1500638(OP)
jogger thread
>>1500638(OP)
>products cost the same price whether you use self check out or the cashier lane
>whelp I might as well be a jogger and pick the cotton myself
fuck that, give me a discount or I will give myself a discount jogger style
>>1500638(OP)
I don't steal because I'm not a jogger.
>>1500638(OP)
I’m coming clean lol I steal pre workouts and EAAs from Walmart and by only purchasing a bottle of water and a sweatshirt and out the pre workouts inside the sweater pocket. I have like 15 bottles of redcon1 strawberry kiwi and rainbow candy flavor.
>>1500638(OP)
seeing all these threads has convinced me they're implementing a tracking or defense feature to their self checkouts
>>1500638(OP)
i dont know if its "right"
but i know i dont care if someone does it
>>1500638(OP)
Ever since the mask mandate, I have not paid for groceries.
If they want to force us into wearing disguises in public like a criminal jogger, then I’m going to act like a criminal jogger in public.
Your move, Trudeau:
Only do this if you are comfortable with getting BTFO with Fraud by False Representation. This charge generally is more serious than regular fraud.
>>1500638(OP)
>steal from self checkout
>post image from overhead ai
The age of men is over
>>1500638(OP)
This guy thought they had money in them
>>1500638(OP)
Steal from a store and you do NOT hurt the store. If they make less profit as a result, they just raise their prices, and all the other customers end up paying for your theft.
>>1500638(OP)
Stealing is Ok if it's from a Corporation
>>1500638(OP)
Only jogger level intelligence could lead someone to think these stores don't know they're getting robbed. Their inventory software tracks these losses and then they get to deduct it from their taxes. So not only do they get their money back, the gubmint gets less money for free gibs for joggers.
>>1500638(OP)
When I was living in Romania I did it all the time, they think they are gypsies but they don't know the tuga mentality. Thanks for the free chocolate yogurts, 4 for the price of 1.
I'd say it's not ok, but judging by the political motivations and exploitations of people done by these large corporations, I'm willing to look the other way despite not partaking in niggerly actions myself.
>>1500638(OP)
>Walmart basically has all cheap Chinese products.
and is the biggest employer int he US.
>>1500638(OP)
I blame the shop for not preventing me from stealing, its their fault.
>>1500638(OP)
i have never steal , but instead the supermarket stole from me.
having done my monthly shopping theres a section of the supermarket you have to put your veggies in eco paper bags. once i got home i saw i had paid 11 euro for a 2 euro veggie (the code was not even for a veggie but some cereal shit) i phoned the store but "sorry cannot do anithyng now". always check your check right after paying.
>>1500638(OP)
kek, we have those things and they just force casheers to stand behind those things and check that people scan everything. Sometimes casheer not enough and security guard also stands at these things.
>>1500638(OP)
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/philmatier/article/Rampant-shoplifting-leads-to-another-Walgreens-15654730.php

You sound like a jogger. They will just close the location near you and fuck over all the honest people who are both against self checkout and minimum wage.
I ring all my weighted produce up as plantains and all my quantity produce as bell peppers but thats the extent that I steal on the checkout. Ive yet to be confronted about it but if I do ill just play dumb and pretend like it was the machines error.
>>1500638(OP)
I would never actually do anything like that but if I did, I would
>never be too greedy -- that's what does most in
>make it look overly and (not too) obviously inadvertent
>if caught play it off like it was an honest mistake
>>1500638(OP)
>pick up pink lady apples
>put them through as the cheapest shittiest apples
>pick up 3 jars of Manuka honey 25+ activated almonds edition and one cheap jar of crap honey the same weight
>scan the crap one 4 times, saving about £60
>stare at the asses of all hot female employees and smile at them when they notice you

Live laugh love
>>1500638(OP)
THOU SHALL NOT STEAL
Zero exceptions. There’s only 10 of these things so please try to follow them.
If you are willing to besmirch your conscience to save a few bucks you are a lowlife degenerate, and if you don't have a conscience you're already in hell.
Do NOT steal from large corporations.

Do NOT steal from big box stores, grocery stores, and pharmacies.

Do NOT steal from Amazon.

They are all amazing companies who support globohomo. Do NOT steal from them.
>>1500638(OP)
Why Boris?
>>1500638(OP)
Instead of being a jogger and trying to rationalize it with >muh evil megacorps retard logic, why don't you just not shop at those evil megacrop stores to begin with and support your local economy? When you steal from mega corps they just compensate for their losses by paying their workers less and increasing prices. It's ultimately the consoomers and wages slaves who pay the price.
>>1500638(OP)
are these threads made by walmart
>>1500638(OP)
My store moved me off the self-checkout because I was catching too many dirty thieves and holding up the lines. Thanks for the raise, dirty thieves, and I just wanted to say that you are all much, much less intelligent than you seem to believe you are.
You have to be black to get away with this.
>>1500638(OP)
If I was at some store on a trip that I'd never come back to, I'd do it, especially if I can get away with it. The store's fault for trying to automate something and trusting people when people can and will take advantage of things. No way in hell I'd do it at my local grocer though. At least not intentionally.
>>1500638(OP)
I was right I said crime would become nearly impossible and its almost already happening, they just really suck with technology, HAHAHHAHA LOSERS IM ALWAYS AHEAD OF THE CURVE
>>1500638(OP)
It’s cool to steal from the self check out especially if it’s the main way to check out. Unless they want to give me a minimum wage discount for working for an hour I always make sure to steal at least $10 worth of goods so that I am compensated for my work. Also go back to redd it faggot.
>>1500638(OP)
It's only ok to steal things that are artificially overpriced
>>1500638(OP)
I've seen someone with two grocery carts full of food, easily $400+ worth, totaled out to be roughly $60. The good old fake scan. Slide the item over the scanner, barcode away or obscured such that it can't be read, and slip it into the bag. People do this shit all the time. No one gives a fuck, not even management.

As long as product leaves the warehouse, they can lease the extra space to Coca-cola, Mondelez, or whoever the fuck else. That's where they're making their real money. The moment 1 item in a case of 10, 12, or whatever is damaged, stolen, or whatever. The entire case is already at a net loss for the store. The store doesn't make it's money from groceries. In fact, when a grocery store nets -$1,000,000, that's a outstanding quarter in terms of sales and performance. It's the in-store pharmacy, liquor store, and interior leased space to the local bank, sub shop, and/or coffee shop that keeps the local store afloat.
>>1500638(OP)
One should weigh risk vs reward. Reward: a few dollars worth of cheap groceries
Risk: a couple hundred dollars in court costs, a good chance of being assaulted by an over zealous loss control officer. A record of petty theft that will haunt you the rest of your wage slaving days.
The best way to hit Walmart and other huge corporate entities is to stop shopping there.
Also, Don't be a jogger.
>>1500638(OP)
Though Shalt Not Steal
Come on Anon you know better...

Following are the Ten Commandments listed in Exodus 20 as given to the Children of Israel at Mount Sinai. The Ten Commandments are also found in Deuteronomy 5.

And God spake all these words, saying, I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.
>>1500638(OP)
Since self-checkout, I've been eating exclusively organic fruits and vegetables.
>>1500638(OP)
>hurr durr it is fine to steal
>prices go up so everybody paying has to finance your thieving
you should get your fingers cut off
>>1500638(OP)
Stealing from corporations does not break the NAP
>>1500638(OP)
My brother sometimes scans coconut milk as tomato sauce, since it's like half the price. Kinda based.
>>1500638(OP)
Stealing is for joggers.
>>1500638(OP)
Stealing is a very jogger thing to do
Unless you're stealing from the State
>>1500638(OP)
No, stealing is jogger behaviour. Don't be a jogger.