/g/ - Technology

Why does everything suck now?

>buy fancy, programmable toaster from JewMart
>$79.99
>works for 2 years then stops toasting
>find picrel at garage sale for $15
>works perfect despite being manufactured over 50 years ago
Why is everything getting worse in quality despite advances in engineering and tech?
>>1521572(OP)
planned obsolescence
>>1521572(OP)
>programmable toaster

youre putting yourself at the mercy of a machine to decide how long your bread is between 2 heater coils?
>>1521572(OP)
because everything is made in third world shithole including china with poor quality standard and at each stage of components everything quality is lower cause of trying to make it cheaper.
if your basic electric circuit is shit ,it's gonna be shit.
>>1521572(OP)
modern consoomers value low prices over quality. nobody wants to spend 200 dollars on a toaster, but that's how much they cost back in 1950 (adjusted for inflation)
>>1521572(OP)
Because the shit 50 years ago was made from surplus war parts 20 years earlier.
>>1521572(OP)
You paid $80 for a $5 product made with the cheapest materials that could be found. Everything is getting worse because they know there's an infinite supply of NPC retards who will keep giving away their money for garbage shaped in the form of functional products.
A refrigerator repair man told me years ago that every time the government increases the energy efficiency requirements for appliances the components become increasingly fragile because they have to work closer to their breaking point just to do what they were designed to do.
>>1521572(OP)
One reason is because of excessive complexity in design, and yes I do blame this on jewish obfuscation of important topics like math and electronics.
Made
In
China
>>1521572(OP)
More profits to be made off shit that breaks down faster
Joe Biden and the other pedophiles
Imagine eating carbs.
>>1521572(OP)
I have a toaster like this from the 1920s
Works like a charm. Big copper coils.
>>1521572(OP)
Was just saying this the other day.

Everything made with shitty plastic parts now. So nothing lasts. It's made to be "disposable" instead of fixed, which is a fucking waste.
I bought a toaster of Amazon that worked 2 times before the heating elements flashed super bright and caught fire. The only saving grace is I was able to get a full refund.
>>1521572(OP)
>Why is everything getting worse in quality despite advances in engineering and tech?
The answer is always jews.

The left front heating coil on my stove shit the bed after less than 4 months of use. Now the left front is starting to go, too. It was a $2,000 stove.
>>1521572(OP)
ive a 200€ jacket which is comfy as fuck and one of the zippers are already ruined.
stick to nondigital stuff , my mom had to replace printers all the time because at some point they kept spazzing out.
use a toaster oven, not a toaster.
Can someone tell me where I can buy a typewriter?
Nice toaster OP
>>1521572(OP)
I saw an advertisement for a clothes washing machine you can connect to thru your phone. They touted something about independence.
It's just so bizarre.. every convenience store and appliance wants an app on your phone. I wish we could collectively reject this data mining bull shit.
>>1521572(OP)
I still have very old appliances
>>1521572(OP)
You keep buying
We unironically hit peak human-scaled technology around the 1960s. Everything since then has just been fancifying stuff that already worked better in its simpler form.
>>1521572(OP)
Yeah its a tragedy.my toaster of 10 years stopped working from one moment to the other without grounz.
Capitalism you dumb mutt

Capitalism is a race to the bottom
Everything made nowadays isn't made to last. They want you to keep giving them money for new products.
>>1521572(OP)
If your product lasts more than two years it's a bad product.
>>1521572(OP)
One word: Jews.
China
they're meant to break so you buy a new one. study up.
>>1521572(OP)
Programmable toaster? What are you, Peewee Herman?
>>1521572(OP)
It's called planned obsolescence and it's something businesses do to keep selling products. If you make a product that lasts forever, you can only sell a certain amount until people stop buying it, because the product never breaks so no reason to replace it. If you design it so that it breaks after a while they will have to buy a new one and you can keep selling them.
When you think about it, it's really just a subscription service
>you will own nothing
>and you will be happy
>>1521572(OP)
>stops toasting
country of origin?
Planned Obsolescence. non jews mimicked the habits of narcissistic psychopathic jews and chinks. whole world goes to shit. go figure
>>1521572(OP)
>programmable toaster
>programmable
Every part you add is another part that could fail. That's also part of planned obsolescence. More expensive isn't always more durable. Don't purchase products with features you don't need. Although they are making that shit standard. So sometimes you can't find regular versions on some products.
whats was wrong with the toaster?
just because the thing wont snap down in place doesnt mean its broken you know
>>1521572(OP)
It's called "Planned obsolescence" and it's exactly what it sounds like.
The toaster company makes more money when you have to buy multiple cheap units instead of one expensive unit that will last decades.
They do it with everything now and it's a great example of why crapitalism can never function.
>>1521572(OP)
Boomers who see no issue with chucking some major appliance in the dumpster every 3rd year just since they saved so much money sending the manufacturing overseas to gooks and little kids vs. their own nations, that's how
Shit is cheaper, 50 years ago it would be like 2 days wages or more to buy a toaster. And the tech behind a toaster is basically the same.

It's weird though, I notice the plastic on old stuff is way harder and stronger, they're taking our tough plastic away
>>1521572(OP)
How come no one is talking about people being lazy? For example my parents immediately bough a coffe maker machine, when they could afford it, instead of using pic related, they started buying a smart TV, a smart dishwasher and so forth, the reason? They're lazy.
For all the shit companies get, never forget that there are people who keep buying the crap they produce
>>1521572(OP)
What kind of dumb ass eats that much bread
>>1521572(OP)
Alliance Laundry Systems still manufacture Speed Queen washers with the electro-mechanical controls, basically the same 30 year machines they always have been. Mine was a couple hundred more than what I would guess were roughly comparable "big box" computer-controlled machines, and I had to buy it from an independent where delivery is extra, but at least I was in and out of the store in 20 minutes and dealt with an appliance expert instead of waiting an hour and a half for some zoomer to walk over from the garden center to ring me up. It's been running like a top for ten years now.
>>1521572(OP)
after i had a few hand tools break and realizing it was chinese garbage, i have spent time to track down everything i could that is from 1970's and older that was made in the usa.
all of my hand tools, power tools, vehicles, and even kitchen items are all made in usa. everything. i even spend the extra little money to buy made in the usa clothing. i have a pair of made in the usa jeans (made in 2015) that still havent frayed or with a hole in it. going to yard sales and pawn shops has become a hobby and i always get old things that i can fix
i just recently cleaned up an old trickle charger i found at a yard sale for $2. still works like new
>>1521572(OP)
Planned obsolescence
>>1521572(OP)
we had some 50 year old toaster with manual toast turning
to roast both sides
>>1521572(OP)
It's the combination of
1. Women being allowed to buy things.
2. Planned obsolescence and designing for useless features retards and women want.
3. Lower IQ populations having money to spend.
Without 1 and 3, 2 and similar strategies stop being viable.
With 1 and 3, 2 is the only viable strategy meaning no good products can be found except used or really old like yours.
To fix it, remove all of women's rights forever, and then return all joggers to Africa.
That's all folks.
>>1521572(OP)
Because retards like you keep wanting to buy some "fancy" product with unnecessary parts and functionality. You fell for stupid gimmicks and fed the Jew your sheckles
>>1521572(OP)
survivor bias
>you only see the 50 year old toaster
> you never saw the toasters that broke through the prior 49 years
>>1521572(OP)
>Why is everything getting worse in quality despite advances in engineering and tech?
Because there's no incentive in producing something that lasts when they can make a piece of shit that has to be replaced in 2 years and earns them another $79.99
It's also the same reason that pharmaceutical and medical companies aren't interested in curing diseases - because you can make much more money if people are continually getting sick and requiring treatment
>>1521572(OP)
imagine buying a fucking programmable toaster holy shit. There are toasters fucking everywhere dude. at thrift stores, garage sales, everywhere. there is quite literally zero reason for you to ever fucking buy a new toaster in your life holy shit dude. It's just so fucking mind bogglingly insane to me. like did your parents teach you nothing? I'm just awestruck at your fucking stupidity right now man. it's just fucking insane. you should really do beter bro because if you keep this retarded shit up you may just accidentally walk off a bridge or some shit!!!! come on bro, not like this dude. Just promise me to do better buddy please I love you goodbye.
>>1521572(OP)
Selection bias because stuff that breaks in 2 years won't last 50
>>1521572(OP)
Because if engineers. Fuck those Jews. More useless than landlords.
>>1521572(OP)
same with light bulbs
what the fuck
it doesn't matter what kind they are they all last the same amount of fucking time
>>1521572(OP)
The sunbeam toaster is going to blow your mind.
Planned obsolescence is a tool of the jews.
>>1521572(OP)
Because that's how they attack. Through ideologies. This is a physical result of consumerism and planned obsolescence.
>>1521572(OP)
I don't know why my camera did this but it's not rusty.
>>1521572(OP)
More plastic parts and engineered product death.
Imagine complaining about something that lasted for two years. just buy a fucking toaster
>>1521572(OP)
Kek you got throttled down by a toaster from wally jew world
>>1521572(OP)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OfxlSG6q5Y&t=373s
>>1521572(OP)
the ccp recognises the fact that all western manufacturing has been outsourced, as an opportunity to weaken the west. everything you own breaks soon after you buy it, meaning you have to re-buy everything at the cost of your own time and money that you could have spent on something useful. there is also a psychological component; everything around you is fragile and not fit for purpose, so you are insecure about the future.

the globalists know that this is how globalism necessarily works. a chinese factory owner not only doesn't care if his exported products are shoddy, it's better for china if everything they export is shoddy. in fact, the ccp probably incentivises them to do it. china understands that its in competition with the rest of the world, unlike naive westerners who think everyone everywhere is basically altruistic.
How else is your toaster going yo spy on you?
>>1521572(OP)
my mum has an electric knife which she bought in the 80s and it still works and the blades are still sharp as fuck
probably because it was made in france rather than cheaply made in china
>>1521572(OP)
>programmable toaster
Just buy a wifi socket adapter, load up the toast at night, and set your phone to turn the socket on in the morning.
>>1521572(OP)
Sorry man. Bought my microwave at goodwill in 2008 for fifteen dollars.
>>1521572(OP)
My grandparents housebis full of yugoslavian house appliances, shit works flawlesly even after 50 years of usage. The designs were so simple you cant break it, and if you did break it it was very easy to repair
You answered your own question you fucking dildo. How can toaster company’s make money on toasters if you still using a 50 year old toaster that works??
>>1521572(OP)
I have a stapler from the 60s I inherited from my grandfather. It's been used daily in an office setting for 60 years, but it's the best damn stapler I've ever used. It never fails. Crisp action. Smooth release. Powerful enough for thick stacks of paper. I love that damn stapler.
>>1521572(OP)
My last toaster broke after 4 months. Currently toasterless.
>>1521572(OP)
My phone fell off my balcony the other day or I'd take a photo of the 50+ year old toaster I have that still works perfectly

I bought a $500 dollar 1993 Plymouth Voyager 2 years ago and the total cost of maintenance has been under $500 for like 30k kilometers I put on it, I got brakes for it for $10 from RockAuto. Van has like 280k kilometers now and is still going strong.
My us made toaster is from 68 my coffee maker is literally from the 40s.
After 4 mr coffees and 2 toasters.
Fuck any thing post 90s.
>>1521572(OP)
>bought programmable toaster
you got exactly what you deserved.
only 2 controls you need for a toaster are heat and time.
The only "advances in engineering and tech" are to design parts that fail right after the warranty wears out. I'm not reading the rest of the thread but I bet I'm the 80th dude to point this out.
>>1521572(OP)
>Buy cheapest no-name chink appliances from budget store in mid 2000s
>Still working fine
seriously i had to buy 3 coffee machines and it ended up being the simple one that lasted more than a week. Happened at my mothers house and at my ex wife's house.
>>1521572(OP)
Yep, I brought my printer back out after 3 years and something prevented it from printing.
So I went to my mom's cobweb garage and plugged in some kind of 90's combo fax phone printer and the print function just worked on the old mildew paper...
because most people don't care that they are getting raped if it happens a little bit a time. and here we are.
>>1521572(OP)
>buys a toaster
nig, make one at home.
>>1521572(OP)
Technology is regressing over time. And yes, the jews are to blame. You may blame diversity hires, or the replacement of education with indoctrination but the jews are responsible for those things also.
I want an old washing machine so it will actually clean my clothes.
>>1521572(OP)
>programmable toaster
Why do you need to program something to toast bread? Why did you pay $80 for it?
>>1521572(OP)
>programmable toaster
>>1521572(OP)
meanwhile toasters from like 50 years ago could use an infrared thermometer to give u perfect toast or bagels every time no matter how warmed up the toaster is before u put it in
You could also get a new one of those at JewMart for $15
I did
people of color.
((investing))
Planned obsolescence. My pops railed on this before he died.
Also, the Chinese are the ultimate caveat emptor society they are allowed to be. They likely made your fail shittoaster.
>>1521572(OP)
>toaster from JewMart
your first mistake.
>>1521572(OP)
>$79.99
>for a fucking TOASTER
. . .
well:
(forgotten) white, nonjewish quality and durability might be a gigantic opportonity for a new (old) niche to conquer
>>1521572(OP)
I think right arround the time when these infrared faucets were introduced. Shit still doesn't work properly to this day. Artificial de-manualization is my hell.
>>1521572(OP)
jews.
this is the way they operate, everything is cheap, shit. uses slave labor.
jews took over in 1913, everything from there has been planned obsolescene, not just for your products but for every aspect of your life. until one day the 99% (((notices))) and kills them all.