/g/ - Technology

>be elon >make up techy-sounding bullshit to sound smart >en...

>be elon
>make up techy-sounding bullshit to sound smart
>engineer calls you out
>publicly fire him
so this guy is just a man baby who can only handle yes-men?
>>1563491(OP)
Look everybody its time for more neoliberal sensationalism.
THATS FRICKIN EPIC SAUCE
real life is not a movie
nobody likes insolence
>>1563491(OP)
>I worked on the faster platform so I can say that all other shitty platforms like apple also don't have this problem that I've never looked at from their end
Yeah fire him
If your rpc methods don’t fuck it’s time for you to hit the bricks
Private corporation is not a democary. Musk is the Führer, and he just got Kristallnachted
>>1563491(OP)
this elon twitter thing has been the funniest sauce of keks since 2016
>>1563491(OP)
god he's awesome.

finally arrogant entitled leftfags getting btfo irl
>>1563491(OP)
>noooo you cant destroy the lives of your enemies because just because ok
>>1563491(OP)
>boss talks about how shitty app is
>tell boss he is wrong
>proceed to tell him you spent 6 years working on the app (doing nothing)
>get fired
well this is certainly a strange turn of events
>>1563491(OP)
Based Elon, should’ve worked harder
>>1563491(OP)
>Elon brings in real, talented engineers to look at the code.
>They find out it's shit.
>One of the overpaid, underqualified manchilds responsible for it being shit says: "Nuh-uh!"

The only mistake Elon made was not firing this faggot sooner.
>>1563491(OP)
He is a jew and should be hunted
>>1563491(OP)
He's been fired a long time, I'm assuming.
>>1563491(OP)
Based Elon. Taking out the trash. I work in tech and there's a bunch of people that don't contribute as much as others and the fat needs to be trimmed. They are dead weight and need to be axed.
Where the fuck do these people get the balls to call out their boss and think it'll all just be ok?
>>1563491(OP)
Yes, fags are easily triggered and shielded from anything that isn’t part of their narcissistic fantasy world.
>>1563491(OP)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCAMgD5tw44
>>1563491(OP)
RPC's are remote procedure calls. I actually think Elon was accurate in his description of what was going on.
99% of people understand freedom of speech as Musk understands it.
>>1563491(OP)
>i spent six years doing nothing and now i am going to mock my boss in front of the world
>why did i get fired?
The second tweet is right though, even if Elon is wrong, I doubt that he made it up on the spot, chances are someone told him the wrong info, why not correct him privately?
Lmao firing people that insult you is based. Crushing people that fuck with you is based. Destroying would-be enemies is based. Cope seethe and dilate troon.
>>1563491(OP)
as an actual android engineer elon is right:
>guy in op says that the true number is 25 service calls to load home
>a mobile app service call is not equivalent to an RPC
>a RPC is used in microservice architecture to link up lots of different, seperated databases and serve all that content via a singular gateway for consumption by apps or browser
>what will end up happening is the mobile app makes a service call to load home page, gateway then calls a service to receive list of tweets, which then calls another service to receive profile pics jpg, alongside a service call to receive text content, alongside a service call to receive analytics etc
>this ends up in massive chains of service calls, so having 1000 rpcs is not outside realm of possibility. typically these are meant to be batched, so a service provides details of millions of requests at a time, not just yours

so this 'android engineer' totally misinterpreted what is meant by an rpc and got blasted as a result. even then, 25 service calls for something like twitter is pretty insane. i work for a major bank and we have like 7 for our homepage.
>>1563491(OP)
>so this guy is just a man baby who can only handle yes-men?

Do glowniggers just use the same attack for anyone who isn't part of their little cuck group? Its like its 2016 again just replace Musk with Trump.

You are losing control.
>>1563491(OP)
>i I have worked for 10 years on this and it's NAHT POORLY BATCHED
FIRED!
>>1563491(OP)
obviously you don't have a career.
>>1563491(OP)
Why the fuck wouldn't you inform your boss privately about this kind of shit? Is he retarded?

This isn't even a left vs right deal. If a rightwinger started shittalking his boss for being incompetent in public instead of privately he'd get fucking canned
>>1563491(OP)
>so this guy is just a man baby
Sure. Elon is the man baby and not the employee calling him a stupid liar in public.
>>1563491(OP)
>just a man baby
All tech leaders are man babies. Elon is just one of them.
Pretty funny desu
>>1563491(OP)
>Be a retard
>Get fired
Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences.
Private company, can do what Musk wants.
>>1563491(OP)
>Take over
>Make the work place hell
>Constantly shit talk everybody who works there without knowing what you're saying
Of course people are going to lash out. I'd fucking lash out at the bastard. Wish he would go back to talking about space and electric cars instead of being a twitter addict.
>>1563491(OP)
The existence of Nitter literally proves this retarded s-0-y dev wrong.
It's 100s of times faster than normal twitter because it doesn't load tons of useless crap.
>>1563491(OP)
>rpc
yeah cuz everyone knows what that is
>haha oh sorry you dont?
haha no you fucking retard. learn 2 awareness
>>1563491(OP)
Nice, a spot has opened for a minority hire with 0 years of experience.
>>1563491(OP)
go load twitter with the network developer tools tab open, Elon is 100% right, it makes a bazillion calls that really should be batched, this dev is either incompetent and just doesn't know, or trying to snow job.
tech bros are very very arrogant they think they know everything and act very entitled. Imagine a soccer mom who is actually good in a field and thus have some logical sense but who blindly believes authority. Its quite astonishing how many still won't admit that chink flu was a scam.
>>1563491(OP)
Does he mean API calls? Twitter probably does make 1000 useless queries for your home timeline. The staff probably told him that and his 1990s tier understanding of programming heard "batched RPC" lol. They should just redo everything in something modern like GQL. It would be faster than picking through the mess of code they have now. The Twitter app is a battery killer and I don't envy the new guys who have to decipher jeet code and make something that works.
lmao

YOU'RE FIRED
>>1563491(OP)
>tries to make a public spectacle instead of contacting Elon privately
He deserved it
>>1563491(OP)
>>engineer calls you out

Except the engineer never explained why he is correct and why Mr. Musk is wrong.
LMAO
If you spend 6 years "working" on an app that still sucks shit then you are dead weight to the company. Time to hire someone that actually goes in and writes code instead of sitting at home pretending to work.
>>1563491(OP)
Whenever you have a conflict with a peer or superior, do it in private, ideally with a neutral mediator present. This is just basic good form.

>maybe he should ask questions privately
He didn't ask a question.
>>1563491(OP)
he's just eliminating toxic personalities. they are cancer in a business
You are supposed to keep your shit in house, not in public. Go ahead and bash your boss on social media and see what happens noodle armed faggot.
This os how the world will end.
You'll fire technical and intelligent people for stupid reason, and you'll end up with a bunch of rainbow-colored hair people pressing buttons until one day it causes a huge human collapse.
Not that it's a bad thing, I'm just reminding of what is happening and where we'll get.
>>1563491(OP)
WOAHHH FUCKING BASED (((ELON))) LONG SHLOMG PLEASE FUCK MY CHILDREN AT EPSTEIN ISLAND ULTRA MAGA BASEED BRO!!!!
>>1563491(OP)
>but publicly talking shit to your boss is le stunning n brave (tm)
Libtards exist for my entertainment.
>>1563491(OP)
tesla is built on scams
its like FTX on steroids
DUMP TESLA STOCK OR LOSE ALL YOUR MONEY
>>1563491(OP)
>Mask knows how many patches tweeter does as his lead techs and project leaders report and tell them.
>apologizes that twitter is slow in some countries due to this massive number of patches
>>techy-sounding bullshit
while building top electric car company in the world with hundreds of tech patents
while building top space company in the world with likely hundreds of patents
>>engineer calls you out
On what and where, in your fantasy world?
>>1563491(OP)
>Heh, I'm totally going to pwn the guy that pays my salary and everyone is going to see!
>Nothing can go wrong!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that absolute faggot boofs x pills, he was Mt. Carmel High class of `00 and it is suprising he hasn't killed himself yet
>>1563491(OP)
>hot take
>zero info
Deserved it
What a fucking faggot.
Holy based
>>1563491(OP)
If you have a boss, part of your job is making your boss look good. Doesn't matter if they're a retard or insufferable cunt, make them look good. Only someone above them can make them look bad, because they can do something about it. Lateral networking is important because of this.
maybe you shouldn't call out your boss publicly to damage your own company and then you won't get fired.
this is like a walmart greeter telling everyone who walks in that the store is a mismanaged shithole and they should go to k-mart, and then acting surprised when you are fired
>>1563491(OP)
>Imagine not firing an employee trying to dunk on you on social media
How much of a doormat faggot would you have to be to allow such a thing?
its a private company faggot, just make your own twitter.
Elon musk for celebrity apprentice
>>1563491(OP)
Jokes on Elon, he just incinerated 40 billion for a dead site. Advertisers about to all jump ship. With Jews, you lose. Gg
>>1563491(OP)
>getting fired because of this
>announcing it on fucking twatter
This wouldn't fly in any 1st world country
Why are Americans so afraid of basic worker rights and foreskin?
>>1563491(OP)
>>1000 poorly batched RPCs
GraphQL... not even once
>>1563491(OP)
Yes but if I had said my boss is lying to a customer I'd also be fired. Why would you bite the hand that feeds you? Why would anyone think it's acceptable to say "lol my boss lied in order to enact damage control" straight to the customer.
>>1563491(OP)
It went from Orange Man Bad to Tech Man Bad just like that. New current thing, I guess I'm gonna filter.
>>1563491(OP)
elon musk is a chink
>>1563491(OP)
Hey Eric. How's unemployment treating you in the Liberal Utopia you live in?
>>1563491(OP)
Sounds like he got to where he is purely by his massive logical and linguistic IQ and that his strong leadership style has made him some enemies. It also sounds like everyone who hates elon musk is just a bitter loser who's about to get fired from their job anyway, so soon I won't have to hear it anymore. Those people should probably go to their own space on the internet because that one belongs to him and his people now.
Guy was being a prissy smart alack at a time when EM is desperately trying to win over the public. Unless he's an über autist who doesn't understand what he's saying, he deserves the sacking.
>>1563491(OP)
>engineer says nuh-uh!
>>1563491(OP)
>misreads the situation
>by his own actions makes a fool of himself
I'm so tired of these leftist crybabies
>>1563491(OP)
eric frohnhoefer got what he fucking deserved
>>1563491(OP)
>>be elon
>>make up techy-sounding bullshit to sound smart
>>engineer calls you out
>>publicly fire him
What makes you so sure that it wasn't actually making inefficient RPC calls and that the 'engineer' was wrong from the start?
>>1563491(OP)
You realize posts like these GIVE us energy right? They don't demoralize us.

See were all about things like, mutual respect, fiscal responsibility, constitutionally protected freedoms, due process, and so forth.

When you show someone being a smug cunt, and them then being punished for it, we like that because the person is being properly served whereas what demoralizes us, is the opposite of this.

Publicly trying to shame the owner of the company who pays your salary is just stupid. And this guy, had a good gig for 5 years. He blew it up because he was brainwashed by the politics of the media. He got what he deserved. I mean, if Elon is a moron, that's one thing, choosing to make it a thing publicly, is another. He was going for brownie points. Those brownie points were more important to him than financial security. He's a moron. And now he's gone. It's all good.
>>1563491(OP)
As someone who works for a company which offers no perks and one whom I need to be in the office multiple times a week watching people lose their minds over losing free lunch or work from home is hilarious. The people who are actually pissed by this are people who have never worked a real job in their lives. Also don’t sound off on your boss in a public forum that is like rule 1 of working anywhere fucking children throwing temper tantrum’s.
>>1563491(OP)
>lick my ass or get fired
>even when I am an incompetent stupid retard faggot
>even when I have no idea what I’m doing
>watch your attitude
>HR doesn’t like your tone
I never ever want to hear about the “hard work” boomer cliche from anyone ever again. This age is all about scamming the most money from people possible and once you have it you are the smartest, hardest working, most knowledgeable person in the industry. And when you get caught just run the fuck away. Fuck this bullshit these people need to hang, fucking dipshits co-opt everything after someone competent sets it up for them.
i love the salt over people losing their jobs at twitter

fuck elon, he's a crypto kike, but i couldn't care less about some fucking faggot who worked for the worst social media company in existence and created the most faggy ToS ever
Who gives a fuck about Twitter or Elon musk or any of this faggot shit? Are all of you just pretweens? I don’t know any real men like myself who have careers and families who give one speck of shit about this stupid fake Twitter drama. Turn your computer off and get a job or get some pussy holy shit
Kek

Elon is gonna double jogger twitter.
>>1563491(OP)
Elon just made a general statement tagging no one.
That dude is an absolute retard or was trying to get fired.
>>1563491(OP)
Yes, he is a typical CTO; quintessentially to be honest with you family.
>>1563491(OP)
>let me publicly call out my boss in a cunty way for imaginary internet points
>NOOOOOO YOU CANT FIRE ME
deserved, the fag was probably a lefty
>>1563491(OP)
>undermine your boss in public
>get fired
genius
>>1563491(OP)
Right winger bootlicking cucks going to bootlick

>Muh hard work and boot straps
Get fired by a billionaire mental midget because he's having another tantrum lmao. Righties are so cucked.
>>1563491(OP)
Lesson learned. Should have just kept his yapper shut. Fucking faggot
>>1563491(OP)
>boss provides answer
>fake dev uses fake lingo to 'one up'
>gets called out
>capon says to use slack
>fag gets fired

Slack needs to be added to the list of 'never listen to anyone who uses these terms
>>1563491(OP)
Maybe he was talking about the web service and not the Android app? Did this guy never think of that? I only hear of RPC's in the context of web dev.
>>1563491(OP)
Twitter mobile is easily the most bloated web page on the internet. Facebook is the least
His company, don't like it? Make you're own Twitter
Kek
>>1563491(OP)
he is the boos. just dell whit it. dude. wtf. any boos wold fier any one if ther go agionest them. and elon musk have ateam whit trusted engenerings. that he trust mor then some one he never meet and only work 6 years at engenering. wtf. come talk wean u work four more thne 40 yers. noob.
You are genuinely just as mentally retarded as the fired Twitter faggot.
>>1563491(OP)
Wtf is a RPC?
I'd fire the fuck.
you don't publicly shame your team, you tell them quietly so they can back track at their leisure.
man deserves what he gets, trying to score internet points using your new boss is just retarded.
nobody wants a retarded on the payroll.
>>1563491(OP)
Elon is a cliche for disassociated nerds.
>>1563491(OP)
Private company sweatie he can do what he wants
the app is what generates the calls, the rpcs are happening inside twitters microservices. front end developers are fucking idiots. gonna go with elon on this one. ive seen the same kind of thing on production microsoft services. app makes five or six rpc calls to the front end, back end has 1000s of calls spawn to answer because of no coherent dataflows or cache tables.
>>1563491(OP)
Should have said " you're FUCKING FIRED ,and now it's public knowledge of insubordination !!!
>>1563491(OP)
I watched this whole thing play out live. There’s more to it. Elon asked the guy why the android app sucks so hard if he’s been working on it for six years lmao. The guy was such an entitled tool.
>>1563491(OP)
Based, fuck these insolent pricks.
>>1563491(OP)
Why would Elon keep someone on his team who clearly has a grudge against him?

The idiot clearly didn't want to keep his job if he's picking fights with his boss in a public forum.
>>1563491(OP)
>buy twitter
>maybe y’all should have your conversations in private
>?????
>profit?