/g/ - Technology




The engineers who quit Twitter yesterday are 100% correct

>be twitter engineer
>8-hour workdays
>new boss emerges
>fires most of the workforce
>demands you now work 12 hours a day (50% increase)
>wants you to bear the workload of the other people he fired
>nope.jpg
No self-respecting employee would agree to such conditions, especially when there are a record number of job openings in your field.
I must therefore assume that those supporting Musk on /g/ have never been employed.
>>1573823(OP)
Elon was brought in to shut down twitter and hide the evidence.
>>1573823(OP)
>I must therefore assume that those supporting Musk on /g/ have never been employed.
Or we just want to see Twitter fallen. In my opinion Twitter will fail but not because of muh engineers. It will fall because (((free money))) wants a better controllable head for twitter.
if you were not a diversity hire you were already doing this
>>1573823(OP)
he is such a loser lol
>>1573823(OP)
>>8(OP)-hour workdays
workweeks*

Fixed
>>1573823(OP)
all the cia, dhs are being fired and they are seething hahahaha
>>1573823(OP)
> Twitter engineer
> 8 hour workdays
Top kek

Did everyone forget how, prior to all this, the engineers at twatter were bragging about how they only worked like 4 days out of the year?

It’s a shame the growing pains are so public after the musk takeover and being exploited by the petulant children who’d rather no one have Twitter than have musk change it.

Not exactly a musk fan cuz he’s a lying dick head, but he will correct shit and make it function better, that’s what the guy does and how he got to where he is.
I’m sure there are tons of money bleeding companies looking for whiny griftersthat call themselves engineers. They’ll be fine
Back in the 90s a website had a webmaster. Elon should hire a smart 90s kid and twitter will carry on.
>>1573823(OP)
I unironically had a boss like that. I quit as fast as i could. The situation wasn't exactly the same but the result for me was.
>we were 3 people working 8 hour shifts
>one of the guys got in an argument with the boss and got fired
>boss told us to do 12 hour shifts for 2 weeks till he finds a replacement
>he did not find a replacement
>he did not want to pay us for the extra work since it was not in the original contract
>told us to leave if we did not like it
>we both left and told him to go fuck himself
What do those people think? That they are the only people offering jobs? Fuck faggots like that.
Where are these record number of job openings with all major tech conpanies going through major layoffs and hiring stops at the moment?
>>1573823(OP)
Such a fool to have not seen this outcome. How did he miss this???
ez way to juyst get rid of the bad ppl. and replace them.
Can someone explain to me what the actual workload of twitter is? Isnt it just a website that goes:
Asshole shouts opinion X
Other idiots can: like, comment or share idiot opinion
cute, those "engineers" will be promptly replaced in a matter of hours with more competent candidates
>>1573823(OP)
elon is going to prove you can run twitter with 100 employees and everyone else was dead weight.
>>1573823(OP)
Engineers are a dime a dozen
21 year old straight out of
Must says, "work for us"
25 year old Engineer now with 4 years of experience working for one of the most reputable companies in the world.
People always bitching about boomers keeping their jobs.
These engineers just gave all of the up and coming grads free positions to fill.
I'm jealous of the new grads.
I wish everyone in my field would have quit so my employment would be guaranteed.
>>1573823(OP)
>The engineers who quit Twitter yesterday are 100% fags
ftfy
>>1573823(OP)
Sage all twitter related threads
>>1573823(OP)
>No self-respecting employee would agree to such conditions
He wants a core of dedicated bugmen with no self respect

>especially when there are a record number of job openings in your field.
Every large tech company has hiring freezes and massive layoffs right now
aren't there massive layoffs at every tech company? what job openings are you talking about?
>>1573823(OP)
Engineers don't work 8 hours in a day. The fact anyone compares sitting in front of a computer answering emails or asking "how could/does this happen" is not the same as putting in actual labor. That's just reality. And the answer inevitably why things are falling apart is the reduction in iq of the working class. GGs all around, enjoy your subpar life experience and declining living conditions
>>1573823(OP)
You have to understand that these are the type of people who worked at twitter in the thousands https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1ckXKTWdQs There's another video clip of the guy outright saying they can take any time off if they need it and they work just a few days a month

Self respecting people work hard and are proud of what they produce, they don't have communist views of the world where the think everything should be free and distributed evenly. Most of them are going to struggle like mad to get re-hired because the big tech industry has lost an insane amount of value recently and has been laying off tens of thousands of technical employees. They will be competing along side an increasing number of out of work peers with a shrinking number of jobs. Twitter now has a very bad reputation for the employees basically being extremely far left, ideological to the point of being communist, for acting like petulant children who write letters to the CEO demanding shit. No one with any sense is going to hire these people. it was obvious from the slack logs that were leaked that the place was an ideological hell hole.
Do you not know simple math?
Most tech people don't work, the corps just had unlimited free money to spend on fake jobs to make their place look more inviting to coders.
>>1573823(OP)
>no free 4 star meals at the cantina
>have to actually do some work
>useless staff cut
when you have been treated special for a long time, being treated normal feels like torture
>>1573823(OP)
They didn't work 8hrs a day. They worked 8hrs a week. They bragged about not doing anything at work for weeks at a time. Unlimited time off. Beverly Hills Daycare type amenities.

Elon went hard, but don't mischacterize Twitter culture before him, they weren't exactly noble professionals.
>>1573823(OP)
>no self-respecting employee would agree to such conditions
>rehires happening in droves, including pay cuts
Self-hate is pretty standard for lefties.
>>1573823(OP)
> Consultant for Nokia in -08
> Nokia is aquired by MS
> New CEO planted
> All consultants must lower their fees by 20%
> History
>>1573823(OP)
It depends on who is getting fired. Meta recently fired 13% of its workforce and I thought thank God! They are finally getting rid of all the waste! All the HR ladies with 2in fingernails who design diversity trainings: Bye bye...

But no actually they went full retard and it was more of a blanket layoff where they got rid of engineers and technicians who are crucial to the VR headsets we were trying to design. It's like they had a truck that was unable to move, but instead of just detaching the giant trailer of dead weight, they instead took 13% of the components out of a car engine and expect it to still work.

So anyways, these companies are retarded, or rather they are so committed to having trainings on civil rights and inclusion that they will sink the whole ship before scrapping those things. This is clearly not the end of the Meta layoffs btw. They will probably have to do the same thing again in a year or so, and then who knows Reality Labs may go under altogether. picrel is the logo of one of their VR projects btw.
Maybe they were right to leave, but the media is overhyping the importance of these people leaving/quitting/being laid off. This is normal in mergers and aquisitions.
>>1573823(OP)
Pretty sure cleaning house is Musk's goal. He fired thousands of staff with no detectable effect on the product. Twitter's service is dogshit and they don't roll out new products or features, so what exactly are Twitter engineers doing all day? I bet there are like 50 devops guys who keep all the servers running and the remaining 7,000 strong staff at the company has done literally nothing for the last 10 years

Fire half the staff
Fuck with the rest until they quit
Hold on to productive skeleton crew to keep the lights on
Profit
>>1573823(OP)
>No self-respecting employee would agree to such conditions
That's the point. If you quit he doesn't have to pay unemployment benefits. You walking out is a brilliant move by Elon. Thanks again for playing and don't forget to pay your $8
They were working 3 hours at most
i agree you should all quit twitter definitely 100%%%%%%
>>1573823(OP)
twitter employees sit around doing jack shit while coal miners are dying of black lung

cry me a fucking river
>>1573823(OP)
>>8(OP)-hour workdays
You've clearly never worked in software. It's more like 2.
>>1573823(OP)
Ahhh, the 1pbtID kike again with no supporting evidence.
Why does Elon make kikes seethe so hard? Every anti-Elon comment I've seen today is a 1pbtID
>>1573823(OP)
\Go look what those leeches were getting paid. And they are going into a job market were everyone knows twitter engineers did not work hard while simultaneously layoffs are going on.

They should have at least tried to hold onto those jobs. Musk however is right. He needs to break the old lazy town now that Twitter is going to be run like a real company.
Twitter is healing, at least the nip one free from constant gook propaganda and k-pop shit
>>1573823(OP)
Who cares!? No one used it anyway!
It was a leftist propaganda machine.!
it called Quitter now
>>1573823(OP)
Twitter is a business surrounding a social media platform. The business has/had a massive payroll, thousands of employees, international offices, and was not profitable. Their revenue was mostly from advertisers. Yet, a lot of money was somehow flowing through them. Since the late 00s, the platform has been the #1 propaganda machine for the global elite (jewish) establishment and its SMS compatibility has been exploited by glowniggers.

What exactly kind of business was twitter even running? The glowniggers tried erasing their tracks prior to takeover. Advertisers pulled out. Elon walks in with a sink and finds this massive business operation, too massive for such a simple fucking platform. What was really going on? You guys keep pointed out that it’s full over massively overpaid lefties essentially showing up (or WFH) for UBI. But why? And how? How did they even get there in the first place? You guys are following a narrative that he doesn’t know what he’s doing and the company is in shambles. The SERVICE is fine though and the catalog is full of tweets like always. It’s being used and it’s working. It’s the business aspect that something is up with. And closed through the weekend? This guy is up to something and glowniggers are seething. Twitter wasn’t a legitimate business, once that is proven…. Well, we will see!
>>1573823(OP)
This can come only from a person who does 9 to 5 and never worked in a IT field. The US market is incompetent AF. Why else do you believe US customers pay me insane amounts just for a 30min conversation. Let alone the money they pay for solving their issues, which are often redicilious from begin with and only occur due to the said incompetence.
>>1573823(OP)
>fired bunch of useless women and faggots
>if you stay you gotta put in the work hours for your 6 figure engineering salary or fuck off
Rebranding of twatter must come from replacing the troons and dykes and faggots.
>>1573823(OP)
>8 hour work day
>works 2 hours from home
>>1573823(OP)
Let me give you dumb faggots some advice.
The minute you hear your company is being bought/undergoing a regime change, start flinging your resume all over job sites the way a coomer flings his load on his phone for a cum tribute. They might act nice and tell you they won't interfere with your work and want to keep things 'business as usual' for you, but it's a fucking lie; they just spent a gorillion dollars on your company and will immediately start fidgeting around/messing with shit they don't understand to try and make some of that money back immediately. Everything you enjoyed about that company (company lunch, coffee for the breakroom, parties, etc.) they will cut as unnecessary expenditures. They are actively looking for reasons to fire you, not keep you employed; they'd rather replace you with an inexperienced retard because they can pay him less. They will overstuff your schedule and set impossible deadlines so they can present a return on investment, and if you say these deadlines aren't possible to meet, they'll kick you out and hire that incompetent retard to replace you (because in their minds throwing new blood on a project 'fixes' things.)
I get that Twitter had a bunch of fake employees and it's funny to watch them get booted, but understand that even if you have a proper job where you think you're a valuable asset, know that the exact same damn thing will happen to you that happened to these do nothing retards if someone buys your company. It happened to me, and I had to wallow in misery for 4 months of unemployment before I found another real job. I'm way better off for it now and love my new company, but if I had put out my resume before I got the axe I wouldn't have had to spend 4 months contemplating suicide out of shame.

>tldr PUT OUT YOUR FUCKING RESUME IF SOMEONE BUYS YOUR COMPANY
so the richest man on earth was a fake and junkie fraud this whole time? then that means the entire economy is fake and junkie too right? what is the point being an obedient little wagie anymore?? the joggers are right to loot and steal all they can
>>1573823(OP)
this bald faggot is already begging everyone to come back lmao
at least he has his hordes of globalist loving /g/ npcs to worship him
>>1573823(OP)
Most of these "engineers" don't engineer shit, and they're expensive, and getting rid of them is expensive. He's literally trying to get them to quit so he can replace them with this own people and not have to pay severance.
>>1573823(OP)
>record number of job openings in your field.
>every tech company firing people left and right
X to doubt
if he pays accordingly, what's the big deal?
>>1573823(OP)
lmao
They’ll expect someone in the wreckage.
THE FIRE RISES, ELON.
>>1573823(OP)
Bullshit, it's intelligence agencies taking down Twitter now that they lost their narrative machine. The sooner these assets are flushed out the better.
>>1573823(OP)
>those supporting musk have never been employed

you dont say?!
>>1573823(OP)
> Twitter
> engineers
> work
>>1573823(OP)
Oh I’m all for those liberals quitting. I’m all for your left wing outlet of emotional pain collapsing.


Where you gonna go when Twitter doesn’t operate anymore? A board full of Nazis?
>>1573823(OP)
>1pbtid
Why are you dummies so easily b8’d
During the turnover you could walk in and put yourself on the payroll. They have no clue who is who or who is working.
>>1573823(OP)
I would gladly work at Twitter for $350k a year or whatever these ladyboys make.
>>1573823(OP)
>No self-respecting employee would agree to such conditions

No **entitled** employees would agree to such conditions. He wants the weakest and most entitled bunch to leave the company so that only the hard workers are left. After that he can give them normal hours and benefits again, that's a good strategy.
>>1573823(OP)
>be twitter engineer
>4-hour workdays
>new boss emerges
>fires most of the workforce
>demands you now work 6 hours a day (50% increase)
>wants you to not sabotage the company
>nope.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoyP_5TRzyo
>>1573823(OP)
there are millions qualified to do their work and will happily take their place for the money. that's why they have to sabotage, because they are replaceable and they know it
>>1573823(OP)
>7k employees for CRUD
I doubt more than 100 pre-Elon employees were actually necessary to keep Twitter running. The rest were just there to show that the company is growing.
i like what elon is doing. i also like that any real engineers left also are not putting up with his slave driver mentality. elon is correct to do so because it went so wrong the other direction for so long. real engineers are right for standing up because they earned those privileges while everyone else hopped on that gravy train too. suddenly HR admins act like they are super star software architects because they work for all software architects. so elon can push and shove but real engineers are truly fed up with getting taken advantage of and getting no where in life after dedicating 4+ years of course work few others can make it through.
>>1573823(OP)
>wants you to bear the workload of the other people he fired
youve never worked in programming.
They were already bearing the workload of the other 80% who quit.
Did they quit or did Musk just fired them and they are saving face?
>>1573823(OP)
>twats
>8-hour workdays
HA HA HA OH WOW!
>>1573823(OP)
>self respecting employee
>twitter
pick one
then quit - stop being a faggot about it.
>>1573823(OP)
>a website that produces no content of its own or even any new features people want needs thousands of employees
>>1573823(OP)
I’m qualified to be a senior engineer at twitter, I like Elon, and I’m right wing, but not even I would work in downtown SF 60 hours a week for what twitter pays. If they aren’t going to double salaries, there are better options for competent folks.
>>1573823(OP)
>Amazon is expected to be the latest tech company to announce mass layoffs, reportedly as many as 10,000
>Eleven thousand jobs were cut last week at Meta, Facebook's parent company
>A thousand jobs at payment processor Stripe, hundreds more at Salesforce and Microsoft.
>and some 120,000 tech jobs have been lost this year according to the tracker layoffs.fyi.

Good Elon is now left with a dedicated workforce, screw these entitled losers
>>1573823(OP)
>nope.jpg
good girl.
>>1573823(OP)
I hope hes sullying the name of Twitter so badly that no one tries to make another social media platform... its a fucking plague, and deleting it is the cure
>>1573823(OP)
every time i ask, nobody is able to tell me what "motherfucking elon the faggot" is doing WRONG.
twitter is pure cancer, its a piece of fucking shit, and its "workers" did fucking nothing besides drink lattes and watch ladyboy porn 24/7.
why exactly am i supposed to weep and cry because these lazy entitled liberal faggots quit their fucking job?


HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?
>>1573823(OP)
>>8(OP)-hour workdays
lolno
those fags worked like 1 hour per day and rest of it just slacked around if you watched their "my day as a twitter cuck emplyoee"
so now when elon wants to to actually work properly they are mad, but fuck them, they are leftist ladyboys anyway
watching elon's purge and drinking the tears of the fired faggots was an absolute joy and a highlight of my month
its not a demand, its a requirement
dems dont understand that the bag of money isnt required to be there. you are lucky to be able to grab the bag of money. if you dont, thats on you. if the requirements are too high for you, maybe the bag of money wasnt meant for you. you ever hear of evolution? natural selection? the birds with the short stout beaks eat the rough hard seeds. the birds with the long thin beaks eat the soft bugs deep in the old wood. not the other way around. the evironment selects the brightest and fittest for survival, and those that dont pass away into death and fail to reproduce. this ensures a thriving species given moderate environmental shifts. elon is your evironmental shift. are you going to pout and figuratively die? or are you going to adapt and continue on? dems think complaining about something to have it changed is normal adult behavior
>>1573823(OP)
>works at twitter
>self-respecting employees
Pick one faggot bong
The entire point of all this is to make them quit. Lol at thinking he's stupid for making people quit when that's his goal in the first place.
>>1573823(OP)
You have to read between the lines regarding hours per day. He's just clearing dead wood.
>>1573823(OP)
>I must therefore assume that those supporting Musk on /g/ have never been employed.

Not too unreasonable, but it would make more sense to assume that we just dont a rats ass about a bunch of shitlib twitter employees lol. Why the hell would we? They are just a bunch of basedenated submen, kikes, brown people and various gender-confused abominations.
>>1573823(OP)
Good luck finding a new job in this economy
>>1573823(OP)
He demands 12 hour days because you need 12 hours to do 6 hours worth of work. You're a leech. A money pit. He wants you out because you don't do shit anyway, diversity hire faggot.
>see ya
>>1573823(OP)
Everything you're quoting is statements for disgruntled faggots that got fired. You have no idea what is actually going on there. Just a bunch of whiney bitches that no one would give a second thought to if it didn't involve Twitter and Elon Musk.
>>1573823(OP)
i have mixed feelings about musk at this point.
he has retarded ideas. the car was fine but the hyperloop and the whole "reinventing the train" is just pure dumb, and now this whole twitter bullshit, plus the fact that he went on twitter to badmouth engineers, and one of them replied to him in a positive matter (he told musk what to fix about the twitter android app cuz it was underperforming) and musk fires him.

I'm starting to think that the objective is to burn twitter down so all govt ties with it go away and elon accepted the payment to burn it down.
>>1573823(OP)
>buys twitter
>says he is going to change twitter
>realizes all 'broken' employees need to leave
>forces broken employees to leave on their own terms
>twitter is now fixed… and 90% of the useless weight gone
>>1573823(OP)
12 hours a day. That's awesome. Because you get more time off at once.
See in the real world when you work OP, if you work at a job 12 hours a day,
You hit 40 hrs quicker. Sometimes in just 3.5 days. Giving you 3 or 4 days off in a row.

This is normal for everyone who works 12 hours a day. Breaks and lunch is also extended due to the longer shifts.
>>1573823(OP)
I would work the extra hours because my competition refuses. Simple as that.
>>1573823(OP)
Let me correct you faggot:
>new boss comes in
>fires all sjws, diversity hires and sòi bois
>gives apportunitty to do cool things and build a better platform
>trolls dumb fucks