/g/ - Technology

Musk implementing code reviews

Show code or lose job. Engineers gutted.
lmao, then when they get up there he's going to be like "look you stupid fuck, you're here to work and I'm no there to babysit you and if you don't like it get the fuck out of my building you stupid bitch" then turn around and send out another email begging for "anyone that can code".

goddamn republicans are fucking stupid. I really can't believe this is fucking real life.
>>1576105(OP)
dev here, this is not how code works. Elon has no idea how twitter is coded, he couldn't have possibly gained that level of knowledge in the time he's been CEO. That kind of stuff takes years for such massive code bases, and elon isn't even a good dev. Stop believing all the shit you see posted by parody accounts with blue checkmarks
>>1576105(OP)
There isn't much to code really. I have a relative that works perhaps 1-2h total max a month to keep the code base functional for the company he works for. It's like an office job you spend 99% of the time doing fuck knows what and get paid for just sitting there. This move by Elon is kind of junkie cause this will cause people to work harder for less pay, why would you want to work hard, get paid less so that some homosexual can get slightly more for his shareholders? It's stupid and bad for the economy, now you have less time to use the money, less time spending with your family and so on.
>>1576105(OP)
I like and hate the guy at the same time. Hopefully all these day in the life of a big tech employee influencers who get paid to fuck around all day get canned.
>>1576105(OP)
To someone with experience in team leading and managing in general like myself, this is an invaluable lesson in management.
The way he got rid of the bloat in one week would take months and years in any other company. This is why Elon is multi-billionaire. I tip my proverbial hat to him..
>>1576105(OP)
>Engineers gutted.
Non-engineers gutted, actually.
Best result we can hope for at this point is that Twitter gets destroyed by Elon and it becomes irrelevant and shutters.
>>1576105(OP)
I'm curious, how big is the parasite problem in these big tech companies?
Debugging code is a lot harder than writing it.
>>1576105(OP)
>engineers gutted
They either weren’t actually engineers or they were so bad at their assigned job they don’t need to be employed at Twitter. Probably 80 percent of the staff was fluff.
>>1576105(OP)
Twitter will file bankruptcy in 2 weeks.
>>1576105(OP)
I love seeing these faggots seethe
>>1576105(OP)
Again, there's no 10th floor at Twitter hq.
>>1576105(OP)
I hate indians so fucking much
>>1576105(OP)
Ladyboys BTFO
>>1576105(OP)
So uh, what would ya say ya do here?
>>1576105(OP)
He's looking for 20 or so good engineers. The rest aren't necessary
>>1576105(OP)
Tech reporters are not amused.
Women engineers seething
Any good version control software would already show what everyone has contributed
>>1576105(OP)
Twitter will be completely fine without these idiots and they will die mad about it
>>1576105(OP)
>Anyone who can actually write software
It's crazy to me that this is seen as some sort of off the wall request at a software company.
>>1576105(OP)
These are the engineers that stayed. This is from last night / early this morning. Not many women.
>>1576105(OP)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkQbHyLE6Tc
>>1576105(OP)
oh no CoC sisters we got too cocky!
>>1576105(OP)
>(((zoe schiffer)))
>>1576105(OP)
Since Elon flatly refused to reinstate Alex Jones' account and thereby proved he never really cared about freedom of speech, I'm enjoying the death-spiral of Twitter just as much as all the ladyboys and shitlibs.

Twitter is doomed and he's out 44 billion, and it's hilarious.
>>1576105(OP)
By the way:
Leaking company Intel, before, during and after contract, is illegal.
Exceptions may only occur if the content would be criminal in nature; asking your employees to send in their accrued work, is most definitly not illegal.

This wench is working herself into a poor legal position.
>>1576105(OP)
>learn that eccentric billionaire is acquiring your company
>continue to do no work at all
Elon is just firing all the complacent retarded cattle employees. Anyone with an ounce of sense would start working harder since the acquisition is imminent.
>>1576105(OP)
>wfh codebros right now
OMG it's Zoe from Twitter!
>>1576105(OP)
Ok i can actually get behind that. Just saying "hurr durr work more hours or fuck off" was stupid. But here he is actually applying a decent filter.
>>1576105(OP)
Who is he even talking to? there is 5 employee left in twitter and one of them is Juan the janitor.
>>1576105(OP)
peak wageslavery
>do your job
>also have to explain why
kek
>>1576105(OP)
I work as a software """engineer""" for a multinational company with 5k employees. About 25% of my time is spent on implement features or fixing bugs and the remaining 75% on bullshit such as pointless discussions in code reviews, figuring out customer requirements and babysitting my coworkers so they don't break stuff.
>>1576105(OP)
>Demand coding accomplishments
>Purge all woke joggers, women, soibois
>Ladyboys also leave out of rage
He might just save Twitter
>>1576105(OP)
>employer ask ""engineers"" to show past 6months work
>this is somehow bad
ok
Twitter still has the same problem is always did and that it is the same people arguing about the same three topics over and over. Non anonymous posting locks people into a thing, and they can't evolve because they have an identity.
Show code and vagene
>>1576105(OP)
This is terrifying. Expecting employees at one of the largest social media companies in the world to actually know what they're doing and regularly contribute to the proper functioning of the platform is extremely problematic. Ensuring that Twitter is as diverse and inclusive as possible for women, BIPOCs, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and the disabled is even more important than the underlying code which keeps the platform running. After all, what's the point of even having a platform if you allow fascist Nazi incels like Jordan Peterson and Donald Trump to spew their genocidal hate and ignorance?
>>1576105(OP)
Oh shit. Quick, to stackoverflow!
He knows there's Jewry at foot in the coding department.
>>1576105(OP)
I can’t wait to tell them “learn to code” when they are fired from twitter.