/is/ - Iceland Flag

/is/ - Iceland

Iceland randomly tests 10% of the population, 50% of people have been infected

>Iceland has tested one-tenth of its population for coronavirus at random and found that half of people have the disease without realising.

>They also discovered that 1,600 people have been infected with Covid-19 since the start of the outbreak. Of these cases, there were only seven deaths, indicating a fatality rate of just 0.004 per cent, which is significantly lower than other countries, including the UK.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8210401/Iceland-finds-half-population-asymptomatic-infected-Covid-19.html

So if 50% of the population of Iceland (364,000 people / 2 = 182,000 people) has been infected with the coronavirus and there's been just 7 deaths so far, that would make the actual fatality rate 0.0000384%

>But we need to, like, flatten the curve bro!

Iceland has 1600 confirmed cases, but 50% of the population has been infected but were largely immune. This would mean the real infection rate is 113 times the number of confirmed cases. Let's apply this to the U.K. where there's 78,000 confirmed cases and 10,000 deaths. The real infection rate could then be 8.8 million people. With 10,000 deaths, the actual fatality rate would be 0.0013%.

Let's say our hospitals are overwhelmed, and the sick are left untreated, and people die who could have been saved. Let's be wildly pessimistic and say 10 times more people die as a result (in reality, doctors don't know to treat this virus and 70% of those being put on ventilators die). The fatality rate would be 0.013%. A "severe seasonal flu" is estimated to have a fatality rate of 0.1%.

Do you see the problem here? We don't lock down the country for a severe flu season.

Where were you when you realized that this pandemic was the biggest case of mass hysteria in the history of the world?
Incubation period: up to a month
Immunity tests: Unavailable
OP: junkie
>>708213(OP)
My assholes has been itchy since November and I've had a coof. Thought the coof gave me hemmies but maybe itchy asshole is a kung flu symptom. Any butthole burner anons that can confirm?
>>708213(OP)
Your math is dumb. They didn't say 50% of those tested were infected. They said 50% of the cases that were positive had no symptoms. So 800 had no symptoms. And, this is probably a bunch of kids. Also, Iceland has one of the healthiest populations on the planet.
>>708213(OP)
>Where were you when you realized that this pandemic was the biggest case of mass hysteria in the history of the world?
When it showed up on the news
results drastically different from the new antibody test studies
the point wasn't to kill people. the point was to get everybody infected. have you ever seen escape from new york? snake pliskin had an implant put into his neck that could be exploded at any point if he didnt do what they wanted him to do. we all have that implant now only its biological and can be set off with 5g.
I fucking knew it. I told everyone this was a cliche virus and they still weren't convinced. When this blows over I am going to burn down several houses.
>>708213(OP)
It is in their bodies doing only God knows what.
Most likely fucking up places that don't get really good regular blood flow.
Like places in the CNS; nerve stem in the spine, hard to reach places in the brain, sensory nerves and etc...

Shit.
>>708213(OP)
>Do you see the problem here? We don't lock down the country for a severe flu season.
The mortality rate isn't the problem you fucking imbecile, there could be 100 sextillions infected with 1e-5 death rate for all that matters, the problem is that is far more virulent to the point it can infect enough people seriously enough to require ICUs and cause health systems to collapse.

TL;DR You're a fucking idiot who's focusing on the wrong aspect of the disease you inbred moron.
it's just a cold bro
>>708213(OP)
The best test so far is Germany's where a random sampling of 500 in a town that was hit hard and early is only showing 14% have antibodies.
https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/04/09/999015/blood-tests-show-15-of-people-are-now-immune-to-covid-19-in-one-town-in-germany/
That's a pretty depressing number when it comes to hopes of reopening western economies as it would just start up again.
>>708213(OP)
less than 1% have been infected, of those infected about half show no symptoms.
>>708213(OP)
>113 times the number of confirmed cases
Shit, I've only been adding an extra 0.
>>708213(OP)
Dude, they have only tested 5% of their populatoion and of the 1600 people testing positive, half have mild or no symptoms.

Exactly the same as in Germany where we have now tested 2% of the population.

The real redpill is when you look at results from antibody tests...
>>708213(OP)
You're reading it wrong, anon.

1/2 of the confirmed cases are sublinical, not 1/2 of the total population of Iceland.
apology for poor english

when were you when you realized that this pandemic was the biggest case of mass hysteria in the history of the world?

i was sat at home hoarding TP when pjotr ring

‘chinavirus is kill’

‘no’
This is basically what i expect to happen as soon as we have antibodies tests.
>>708213(OP)
Chinese have been traveling around the globe deliberately infecting.
Most people don't even get symptoms.
>>708213(OP)
>playing tractor simulator
>>708213(OP)
how do they even test for this hoax virus?
This is not what the study says. They say half of those who test positive have no symptoms. Which was already known. They do NOT say that half of Iceland is infected.
Modern St. Vitus dance
Icelandics are strong and incredibly healthy, and the sampling was done from one specific town, not all over iceland. It probably passed through the population of 3,000 with minimal losses.
>>708213(OP)
Could it be there is a major flaw in the test kits? Is it giving false positives for a different type of corona virus or past corona viruses? Not covid-19 specific? The results throughout the world just don't add up. These tests are not right.
>>708213(OP)
HOW CAN YOU SAY THIS DURING THESE UNCERTAIN TIMES??

UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
UNCERTAIN TIMES
>TRYING TIMES
So the mortality rate is what... .00005%?
>>708213(OP)
You read the report wrong.

The (allegedly) random sample was 36,413 (~10% of the population). 1600 (4.4% of the sample) were infected with coronavirus, half of them (i.e. 800) were asymptomatic.
So this study says it is likely that 4.4% of the population is infected= 16,000.
7 deaths in 16,000 infections = 0.04% fatality.
The article is not clearly written
>>708213(OP)
Holy shit. You are so fucking retarded. What it means is that of those infected with Coronavirus, about 50% showed no symptoms. Not that HALF the population of Iceland was infected. That's so fucking stupid and I can't believe you posted this and got this many replies.
0.43% fatality rate
interesting
How do they know somebody died of corona virus if they never tested them? Did they dug up the graves?
>>708213(OP)
>IT'S JUST A FUCKING FLU BRO
>>708213(OP)
2 theories.
theory 1
>tests are causing the virus
theory 2
>there is 2 parts to the virus
>the first part is infection but it lays dormant
>the 2nd part is the activator.
>when you get hit with the 2nd part it activates the first part and you die
only explanation i have for this stuff
>>708213(OP)
>Where were you when you realized that this pandemic was the biggest case of mass hysteria in the history of the world?

And still people think we have locked down every single country because of the virus. I thought this is /is/ and not a normie tier forum. This is srly a new type of reddit and it is getting worse and worse.
Could just be a long incubation period
>>708213(OP)
> DailyMail

Dropped
>>708213(OP)
Have known from the beginning told those panicfags about a month ago pic related
Fuck snow niggers
Agreed completely.
>>708213(OP)
>it's the virus, bro!
>>708213(OP)
>Daily Mail
I like the article and agree with you, but you need to stop reading the daily mail. Or any MSM. The daily mail is owned by key Conservative supporter Jonathan Rothemere who should be imprisoned for insane tax evasion at the very least; https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Harmsworth,_4th_Viscount_Rothermere
>>708213(OP)
>It probably passed through the population of 3,000 with minimal losses
All of Iceland has had 8 deaths total lmao. Their population is about 364,000. Go work out the percentage and tell me if the economy should be shut down right now.
>>708213(OP)
50% of the infected people are asymptomatic.
>Iceland's 10% figure, confirmed by Stefansson, was achieved on April. 11.

>It is not just about bragging rights.

>Among the Nordic nation's findings: about half of its citizenry at any given time who have coronavirus but don't know it, will be asymptomatic – a large percentage many experts studying the virus have suspected, but have had little firm data to corroborate.

>The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has previously estimated that about 25% of people infected with coronavirus may be asymptomatic.
>>708213(OP)
I am surprised that they developed antibody tests without telling anyone sounds totally plausible bro.
>>708213(OP)
iceland is an inbred shithole full of morons and polish. i hope they all get it.
>>708213(OP)
>Iceland 364,000 people
dat sample data
>>708213(OP)
Randomized test from Germany https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/germany/
>>708213(OP)
>They also discovered that 1,600 people have been infected with Covid-19 since the start of the outbreak.
>An estimated 50 per cent of those infected with the virus, the company found, do not show any symptoms [at the time of testing]
Threadly reminder that Just the Floomers are hopelessly and humiliatingly innumerate AND illiterate.