/ro/ - Romania Flag

/ro/ - Romania

I recently was talking with a Romanian friend who said that...

I recently was talking with a Romanian friend who said that Romanians are white because they are Germanic. I was always under the assumption Romanians were Balkan or eastern European, maybe Mediterranean, but never considered them Germanic. He said they are central European and largely Germanic in genetic type.

Can any euros clear this up?
>>1500747(OP)
You were talking to a larper.
>>1500747(OP)
There Slavic and have slight Turk admixture he’s lost his mind calling himself a german
>>1500747(OP)
were baltics
>>1500747(OP)
does this look germanic to you?
>>1500747(OP)
romanians are animals
>>1500747(OP)
Baltic master race. Croatian phenotype here
>>1500747(OP)
We are asians so keep away
>>1500747(OP)
Romanians are Dacian + by order of importance in admixture : Slavic, Magyar, Germanic, Jewish, Turkic, Greek. Gypsy admixture is actually rare.
It also varies regionally, people in Transylvania have more Germanic and Magyar, people in Moldova are more Slavic.

Romanians are pretty cool people on average.
>>1500747(OP)
romanians are definetely not germanic

they are turkic origin they are a turkic tribe that immigrated from mongolians and settled there a long time ago

your friend was lying to you
>>1500747(OP)
>Romanian said that Romanians are Germanic
You were talking to a retard who bought the lie that Getae and Dacians were East Germanic peoples. We are Thracians from the North of the Danube.
>>1500747(OP)
no sorry, we aren't barbars
>>1500747(OP)
>Germanic
Nobody is germanic in eastern europe. Romania had considerable German immigration throughout the centuries but mainly to Transylvania, which we all know is populated by hungarians mostly, and the descendants of germanic immigrants
>>1500747(OP)
>Romanian
>Germanic
Is this bait?
>>1500747(OP)
Built for BHC
>>1500747(OP)
We're a mix of slavic and steppe cultures genetically. We have some lighter skinned and blonde/redheaded people due to mixing with other Europeans.
>>1500747(OP)
there is Saxon settlements in Romania & Russia.
>>1500747(OP)
The King of Hungary settled Saxons in Transylvania to be frontier protectors of Hungary from the Turkic pagan nomads, Romanians found out that Germans live in Romania now and decided to start larping as German.
When will Romanians kick Gypsies from Romania, back home to Pakistan?
>>1500747(OP)
romanians are balkan but a lot of germans, austrians and hungarians mixed up with them.

Transylvania was basically a german colony
Is he a Transylvanian Saxon?
>>1500747(OP)
You have a very sick and twisted world view, where htere are germanics, anglos, slavs etc. I dont blame you are the product of your inferior american culture. To answear your question Romania is very diverse, it ranges from hungarians and germans to turks and migratory people
>>1500747(OP)
Romania needs to take the fucking gypsies back and deport them to India, so they can finally learn to work, looking for gold in the sewers.
>>1500747(OP)
Fuck gypsies.
>>1500747(OP)
Romanians, bulgarians, moldavians and hungary are nothing more than a bunch of gypsie nations...
Romanians are the only slavic people that got enough mixture to realize how worthless they are, and try to hide their ancestry in the process
>>1500747(OP)
From my personal experience, it really depends on the region of the country. Much like the USA, Romania is very much a mutt land with various kinds of mystery meat. I live in Transylvania in a place where Romanians are thankfully a minority. This was Austrian clay for a long time and there are some people with very Germanic phenotypes. We even have some pure gingers in my small town.

So Transylvania is a mix of white Western phenotypes are some Turkic looking ones. Moldavia is another major region and genetically similar to Ukraine or Western Russia. Wallachia or the southern half is in general very Turkic and Gypsy looking, with some white people sprinkled in. Only about 10% of Romanians look Germanic and 20% I'd consider Western White, most of these in Transylvania.
>>1500747(OP)
They barely act White, let alone Germanic.
>>1500747(OP)
Romanians are not Germanic, he was just LARPing. Romanians have Dacian and Roman ancestorship, along with some Slavic influence.
>>1500747(OP)
There is some germanic blood in us, an less so german. You are for the most part correct. If that makes us white or not, I couldn't really care. But by and large your friend is a germanophile with an inferiority complex. Sad. Many such cases. Please tell your friend to "dea limbi in cur lu' Merkel daca ii place asa de mult".
Have a nice day anon.
>>1500747(OP)
>Romanians are Germanic.
No
t. there are over a million of them over here
>>1500747(OP)
In conclusion Romanians are asian:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrqLSi8NMaU
>>1500747(OP)
We are indeed nords.
only part of their elite is germanic
I'm Batman
>>1500747(OP)
>I recently was talking with a Romanian friend who said that Romanians are white because they are Germanic. I was always under the assumption Romanians were Balkan or eastern European, maybe Mediterranean, but never considered them Germanic.

Romanians were Dacians and Italians cut off from the Western Roman Empire during the collapse. Hence the name.

Some Germanics sought refuge there to be sure.
well its easier as a frenchie to learn their language that it is for us to learn english/german etc. but desu french arent white either, we're mad proud meds.
baieti, hai sa votam AUR!!!
>>1500747(OP)
I have never seen a Romanian Gypsy before in my life. I don’t even know what a Gypsy looks like

Every single Romanian I have met has blonde hair & very very bright blue eyes.
>>1500747(OP)
No clue if they're really germanic, but the romanian colleagues of mine are pretty laidback and nice lads altogether. Good in my book
>>1500747(OP)
Eastern European were fully white before a) Roman invasions b) 1500 years of mostly shitskin invasions: Huns, Avars, Bulgars, Magyars, Cumans, Pechenegs, then Mongols, then gypsies and turks might they rot in hell. Now we get gayrabs and joggers.

The only whites migrating Westwere Goths (who spent 300 years in todays Romania being initially subdued by Huns) and Slavs. We are an initial mix of Dacians (lilly white check contemporaneous depictions), Goths and bit later on Slavs with a touch of mediterranean blood (not even close as our ethos). Later on in Middle Ages sadly turds left a mark during their numerous invasions and in the last 20 years, gypsies. Mixing with gypsies was not existent for hundreds of years.
>>1500747(OP)
Oh yeah romanians are gothic people.
>>1500747(OP)
Americans only have white, black, refugee, and mexican.
It's impossible for us to keep up with all the races Europeans have.
>>1500747(OP)
This is the official soundtrack of the thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ayd3TzF4yI